We are looking for a confident, imaginative and committed Senior Technician to join our Civil Engineering Practice in Chelmsford. This is an exciting opportunity for those wishing to progress their career with one of the world’s most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies.
You will be responsible for supporting Assistant Engineers and Engineers in the delivery of civil engineering projects including engineering drawings, design, reports, calculations, site surveys and any other activities assigned from time to time.
Our current workload includes a number of significant projects in London and across southern England including:
- Improvements and maintenance associated with the 440km of motorway that comprise the M25 and its key arterial links serving central London
- A growing portfolio of schemes for Transport for London considering strategic junctions and key infrastructure projects
- Multiple schemes on the strategic road network as part of the core delivery team for the Highway Agency’s Road Investment Strategy
- Projects of all sizes and stages of development from concept to construction.
- A minimum of 5 GCSE’s, grades C and above including: English Language, Mathematics and Physics
- BTech in Civil Engineering.
- A willingness to learn, both on the job and through formal day release training course if appropriate.
- Proven ability in the use of AutoCAD.
- Experience at technician level in highway design or related discipline with transferable skills
- An ability to communicate and follow instructions
- A good level of numeracy
- Ability/experience in the use of AutoCAD Civils 3D
- Preparing engineering drawings using AutoCAD
- Assisting in the preparation of reports and bid documents
- Assisting in the preparation of contract documents
- Assisting with simple site surveys
- Undertaking elements of design assigned from time to time
- Assisting Engineers and others with all aspects of the highway design process
- Project related administration
- A confident and professional manner
- Ability to use your initiative, with a hunger to learn new skills
- Good communicator
- Ability to focus and deliver
- Desire and ability to work within a team
- High expectation of own performance.
We support flexible working and equal opportunities as we believe that diverse teams provide the best mix of interpersonal and technical skills needed to exceed our customers’ expectations.