A Senior HR Advisor is required to work within our UK wide HR Operations team executing the successful delivery of HR case and project management for our business groups. Aligning the HR people strategy to the business strategy. Working inclusively with key stakeholders and building collaborative partnerships.
- Management of ER cases and projects as appropriate (these are likely to be complex or business sensitive/large scale projects)
- Provide advice and support to managers and coach, influence, challenge as necessary.
- Escalation point for cases
- Manage projects and resource a team, as appropriate, to support the delivery
- Work closely with the business to deliver HR solutions that support business performance and objectives. This may include ‘people priorities’ organisational development, restructuring, performance management, talent review and succession, diversity and inclusion
- Project delivery as part of a specialist team
- Manage workload in a timely manner ensuring effective delivery in line with policy
- Review key learning points from cases/projects both for the business and HR. Share learning to support changes, improvements or learning activities.
- Ensure the management of end to end processes in line with customer needs whilst maintaining legal and compliance requirements
- Carry out risk analysis as appropriate and feedback via risk register and engagement with key stakeholders.
- Mentor HR Consultants, supporting their development
- Ensure case management system is used effectively and workflow is continuously updated including any risk analysis.
Please be aware that role will include travel to other Atkins offices across the UK
In order for you to be successful you will need have the following requirements:
- Highly developed consultancy skills
- Technical expertise in TUPE, Project Management or Organisation Design
- Significant depth and breadth of generalist HR experience
- Ability to work collaboratively
- Strong coaching skills and ability to motivate individuals and teams
- Customer focus with a drive to deliver
- The courage to challenge or influence to allow the right decisions to be made
- Strong intellectual capability including analytical skill
- Articulate, dynamic and a professional team manager/player
- Acts as a role model to others in all they do
- Good internal network within HR and other service lines
- Taking accountability for delivering results both personally/and with others
- Delegates tasks or responsibilities to provide development opportunities, knowledge share and job enrichment.
- Ability to motivate other team members and encourage collaboration and positive behaviours.
- Developed independent decision making
Additional Information and Benefits
to other company sites may be necessary.
working options may be considered for this vacancy.
- Please refer to our website for full details
of our benefits package, which includes the opportunity to purchase up to
15 days additional annual leave per year on top of our standard 25 days
paid annual leave.
- Atkins develops our employees through a
portfolio of training and development activities designed to help you make
the best of your abilities and talents. We encourage participation in all
forms of training and have a programme of in-house and well as external
training for all of our engineers.
Atkins is ranked as one of ‘The Sunday Times 25
Best Big Companies to Work For’ and as one of the ‘The Times Top 50 Employers
for Women 2015’. We support flexible working and equal opportunities as we
believe that diverse teams provide the best mix of interpersonal and technical
skills needed to exceed our customers’ expectations. Our commitment to
staff development is underpinned by numerous stable and long-term framework
agreements with key clients.
We are one of the world’s foremost engineering and
design consultancies, operating in most regions of the world, and in virtually
every market. Choosing to work for Atkins will provide you with the
opportunity to engage on some of the most exciting engineering challenges of
our time. Together with our rewarding and flexible packages, you’ll have the
perfect balance to bring your personal and career goals to fruition.