Atkins is one of the worlds’ leading engineering design consultancies with a
strong reputation in the Rivers & Coastal sector. The Rivers & Coastal
Team within Atkins Water, Ground & Environment has a good portfolio of
We currently have an opportunity for a dynamic and motivated Engineer in our
rapidly expanding River & Coastal, Environment team in Bangalore. With
strong work load in pipeline we need to increase our resources to meet the
growing demands from our clients across UK and US, especially in the river and
coastal hydraulic modelling.
As a result, we are looking to grow our team and looking for people with the
drive and enthusiasm to embrace the future. We have the depth of knowledge and
breadth of expertise to help you build a bright career in this exciting and
rapidly evolving team.
The role requires the candidate to lead the technical and commercial
delivery of a wide range of projects with a focus on integrated urban water
management, which includes fully integrated hydrodynamic catchment modelling,
sustainable drainage, water sensitive urban design, river restoration, research
and development, as well as client and multi-stakeholder engagement. The
candidate will be expected to support and mentor junior staff and the role will
allow the candidate to develop their project management, client management and
business development skills.
The role will ideally suit someone who is looking for a technical
challenge with a passion for business development in their technical field and
someone who is keen to work on advanced and industry leading projects.
Due to the nature of the role you’ll be expected to possess the
- Extensive experience of hydrological techniques (flood and/or water
resources) – such as urban and rural rainfall-runoff, statistical estimation,
stochastic weather generators.
- Extensive experience of hydraulic modelling – including any of the
following environments in 1D, 2D, 3D: rivers, canals, sewers, dams, coasts,
- The applicant should have achieved Chartered status with an appropriate
- A strong academic background with degree in Civil engineering and /or
Master Degree in relevant subject.
- Minimum of 8 years post graduate experience in the hydrological and
hydraulic modelling and/or water resources industry.
- Experience in managing technical delivery, including large scale
catchment modelling projects and a successful track record in project
management and client management.
- Applicant should have experience of managing technical work, supervising
more junior staff to deliver technical work and working in multi-disciplinary
- The applicant should have experience of working as part of a successful
bidding team on technical projects and the ability to demonstrate innovative
ideas for the water management industry.
- Applicants must be numerate, literate and familiar with IT and software
appropriate to the tasks to be undertaken including; InfoWorks (ICM, RS,CS),
ISIS, TUFLOW, HEC-RAS and preferably Wallingford Procedure, ReFH, FEH, FSR
& Micro FSR.
- Excellent communication skills and confidence to liaise with
The successful candidate will sit within the Rivers and Coastal Team within the Atkins Water, Ground & Environment practice.
The focus of the role is on technical leadership and delivery of hydrological and hydraulic modelling projects for both our external and internal clients. As a member of this team you’ll have excellent technical, project management and client management skills and be somebody who can deliver to the highest of standards.
- You will take responsibility for the technical delivery of projects from inception to handover on time, quality and cost.
- You will be expected to lead the interface with clients from the bidding stage to project delivery.
- Your strong organisational and time management skills will give you the ability to lead and manage more than one project at any one time.
- You will be expected to take responsibility for client management and feed into business development within your technical field.
- You’ll also be responsible for on the job training and mentoring of more junior members of the team.
- You will also liaise with and support the wider Atkins practices and divisions in the UK and overseas.