Senior Hydraulic Modeller – Rivers
Atkins is one of the worlds’ leading engineering design consultancies with a strong reputation in the Rivers & Coastal sector. The Rivers & Coastal Team within Atkins Water, Ground & Environment has a good portfolio of development projects.
We currently have an opportunity for a dynamic and motivated Engineer in our rapidly expanding River & Coastal, Environment team in Bangalore. With strong work load in pipeline we need to increase our resources to meet the growing demands from our clients across UK and US, especially in the river and coastal hydraulic modelling.
As a result, we are looking to grow our team and looking for people with the drive and enthusiasm to embrace the future. We have the depth of knowledge and breadth of expertise to help you build a bright career in this exciting and rapidly evolving team.
The role requires the candidate to lead the technical and commercial delivery of a wide range of projects with a particular focus on integrated urban water management, which includes fully integrated hydrodynamic catchment modelling, sustainable drainage, water sensitive urban design, river restoration, research and development, as well as client and multi-stakeholder engagement. The candidate will be expected to support and mentor junior staff and the role will allow the candidate to develop their project management, client management and business development skills.
The role will ideally suit someone who is looking for a technical challenge with a passion for business development in their technical field and someone who is keen to work on advanced and industry leading projects.
Due to the nature of the role you’ll be expected to possess the following:
• Extensive experience of hydrological techniques (flood and/or water resources) – such as urban and rural rainfall-runoff, statistical estimation, stochastic weather generators.
• Extensive experience of hydraulic modelling – including any of the following environments in 1D, 2D, 3D: rivers, canals, sewers, dams, coasts, groundwater.
• The applicant should have achieved Chartered status with an appropriate industry body.
• A strong academic background with degree in Civil engineering and /or Master Degree in relevant subject.
• Minimum of 8 years post graduate experience in the hydrological and hydraulic modelling and/or water resources industry.
• Experience in managing technical delivery, including large scale catchment modelling projects and a successful track record in project management and client management.
• Applicant should have experience of managing technical work, supervising more junior staff to deliver technical work and working in multi-disciplinary projects.
• The applicant should have experience of working as part of a successful bidding team on technical projects and the ability to demonstrate innovative ideas for the water management industry.
• Applicants must be numerate, literate and familiar with IT and software appropriate to the tasks to be undertaken including; InfoWorks (ICM, RS,CS), ISIS, TUFLOW, HEC-RAS and preferably Wallingford Procedure, ReFH, FEH, FSR & Micro FSR.
• Excellent communication skills and confidence to liaise with international clients.