We have a number of exciting opportunities arising over the coming months across a range of business and technology themes which require enthusiastic methodical, adaptable and innovative individuals. We are looking for dynamic and motivated Information Systems Engineering Consultants to join our rapidly growing team working with our Security & Intelligence clients.
Our Security and Intelligence account is a successful and rapidly growing part of our business, which has enjoyed significant expansion over the last two years in terms of footprint and capability. You will be part of a high performing consulting community, working alongside top-tier consultants and delivering high quality work for our clients.
You will work on interesting and challenging client projects which could be as part of a single or multi-disciplinary team, often in a mixed stakeholder environment alongside clients and members of other organisations. Due to the sensitive nature of the work you will predominantly be based on client site.
You will possess a range of knowledge, skills and ability to support:-
Delivering and advising on Systems Engineering activities throughout the engineering lifecycle
Communicating complex concepts and solutions in a compelling and straightforward way, yet underpinned by a strong grasp of the detail
Influencing stakeholders and non-technical team members
Supporting the marketing and sales of advisory and implementation Systems Engineering services programmes
Supporting the development of the Systems Engineering capability
A potential for Line Management of other team members or Technical Area Leadership
In addition to client technical delivery, you will be expected to support continued development of Atkins Systems Engineering capability through, for example, development of approaches and tools, and potentially assisting with the development and delivery of training. Additionally there will be a need to support or lead business development activities.
Atkins has key accounts across Central and Local Government, Defence, Aerospace and regulated industries including infrastructure and transportation within the Private Sector providing the successful candidate a unique and varied environment to grow and expand their career.
You will be able to demonstrate excellent core competence and experience in delivery of Systems Engineering activities.
Have experience working in Central Government, particularly in the Security and Intelligence agencies;
Have led or performed systems engineering activity as part of a diverse multi-disciplinary team.
Good first degree in a science, computing or engineering subject and will have relevant system engineering qualifications and membership of professional bodies (e.g. INCOSE)
You will also have a proven track record in a number of the following areas:-
- System Engineering Development Methodologies and Tools (Waterfall, Agile RUP, RAD, SSADM, etc.)
- Governance Structures between System Engineering Frameworks and complementary structures e.g. P3M, Enterprise Architecture.
- System Lifecycle Management including Sourcing Strategy, Design, Build, Test, Deployment and Disposal Management.
- Requirements Definition and Management
- System Development Testing Strategies, including management of full testing lifecycles (e.g. Unit Testing, System Integration Testing, User Acceptance Testing, Penetration Testing, Operational Acceptance Testing).
- Business Analysis
- Information Management
- Have experience of supporting the delivery and sales of system engineering advisory and implementation services programmes in a “blue chip” consultancy
- A solid understanding of programme/project management and how it relates to the execution of Systems Engineering activities
- Experience of leading or contributing to bids and tenders.
- Have a strong interest and appreciation of technology trends and government IT strategy, such as, Cloud, Internet of Things, Cyber Security, Big Data and/or Digital Services.
You will possess:-
- An ability for developing and maintaining strong business relationships at all levels
- Good general consulting skills (structured thinking, effective report writing and presentations, and strong stakeholder engagement).
- An ability to work under broad direction, with a high level of self-initiation.
We are particularly interested in individuals who have experience of the following approaches: EASE, MODAF, TOGAF.
Wider sector experience (Local Government; Regulated Industry; Private sector)
Successful Candidates will be required to undergo Developed Vetting (DV) security clearance and offers of employment will be subject to this being granted.
Atkins develops individuals through a portfolio of training and development activities designed to help you make the best of your abilities and talents. These are reviewed with individuals through an annual appraisal process. We actively support staff in achieving corporate membership of relevant institutions.
Rewards and Benefits
Please refer to our website for details of our full benefits package.