Atkins requires a highly qualified automation engineer to assist in the designing, development and implementation of task and process automation using Microsoft Systems Centre Orchestrator. This role will help Atkins to build the foundation framework used to deliver automation services within the organisation.
The candidate must have demonstrable experience with designing, implementing and supporting automation technologies.
- Microsoft Systems Centre Orchestrator.
- Demonstrable experience with TSQL, VB and PowerShell scripting.
- Demonstrable experience of creating runbooks.
- Ability to create custom Activities to be used in workflow automation.
- Defining runbook & activity standards.
- Familiarity with other Microsoft System Centre products such as SCCM and SCOM.
- Microsoft Windows Server Operating systems 2008/2012.
- Active directory and Group Policy.
- HP, Cisco server hardware and VMware virtualisation technologies
- Design and developing the automation of tasks and processes using Microsoft Systems Centre Orchestrator.
- Deliver supporting documentation for the design, configuration, task automation and on-going support for the service.
- Development of the automation and integration of management platforms in line with the business strategy.
- Manage, review and monitor the service that provides task automation to the organisation.
- Produce relevant reports as to the status of the service and automated tasks.
- Act as the escalation point for all associated incidents to the service.
- Stay current with industry trends and developments, evaluating the new technologies and implementing where required.
- Excellent technical understanding of IT infrastructure products, standards and configuration.
- Excellent communication skills and customer focus
- Ability to build and maintain efficient working relationships
- Shows initiative and can act independently to resolve problems.
- Problem ownership and accountability, along with the initiative to identify/resolve potential problems without necessarily being assigned the task.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal at all levels.
Additional Information and Benefits
to other company sites may be necessary.
working options may be considered for this vacancy.
- Please refer to our website for full details
of our benefits package, which includes the opportunity to purchase up to
15 days additional annual leave per year on top of our standard 25 days
paid annual leave.
- Atkins develops our employees through a
portfolio of training and development activities designed to help you make
the best of your abilities and talents. We encourage participation in all
forms of training and have a programme of in-house and well as external
training for all of our engineers.
Atkins is ranked as one of ‘The Sunday Times 25
Best Big Companies to Work For’ and as one of the ‘The Times Top 50 Employers
for Women 2015’. We support flexible working and equal opportunities as we
believe that diverse teams provide the best mix of interpersonal and technical
skills needed to exceed our customers’ expectations. Our commitment to
staff development is underpinned by numerous stable and long-term framework
agreements with key clients.
We are one of the world’s foremost engineering and
design consultancies, operating in most regions of the world, and in virtually
every market. Choosing to work for Atkins will provide you with the
opportunity to engage on some of the most exciting engineering challenges of
our time. Together with our rewarding and flexible packages, you’ll have the
perfect balance to bring your personal and career goals to fruition.