Our successful Oil & Gas business is looking to recruit a Senior Integrity Management Engineer (Subsea) for our Aberdeen office.
Within the Energy UK & Europe division, our services are focused on upstream operations engineering i.e. maintain safe and efficient operations for operators, and offshore engineering encompassing fixed, floating and subsea facilities. Additionally, we operate selectively in the onshore mid-stream and downstream markets. We have some 800 experts located in our operations in UK, Houston, Calgary, Trinidad, Denmark, UAE, Singapore and Australia.
Our subsea Oil & Gas team works on some of the most exciting and varied projects in the Oil and Gas sector, including front end design, consultancy studies, integrity management of subsea pipelines and facilities, and decommissioning.
As a Senior Integrity Management Engineer (Subsea), you will be responsible for leading the delivery of integrity management projects for all types of pipelines and subsea facilities for key North Sea clients. You will develop integrity management strategies and schemes, anomaly management, risk-based inspection planning and review, and studies into all aspects of subsea integrity management, in response to client requirements. You will be working with others to identify and develop new technical methodologies.
Other key aspects of the role will see you contributing to and executing to our subsea IM business strategy, including supporting growth initiatives domestically and overseas. You will work with others to develop an integrated asset integrity management strategy, whilst building and maintaining client relationships, with a view to winning more work and contributing to successful proposals and tenders.
You will be successfully managing a team of engineers to execute integrity management projects, and utilise pool resources from other teams and external contractors, where appropriate. You will manage team resources to ensure productivity targets are achieved whilst developing your capabilities in line with the requirements of the Atkins career paths
Suitable candidates will possess the following qualifications and experience:
- Proven success in delivering integrity management projects against external and internal time, cost and quality objectives. Experience of applying appropriate project governance and project management reporting.
- Experience of managing small teams including carrying out performance reviews
- Experience of managing elements of bids and engaging directly with clients
- Commercial and business development acumen to assess opportunities and contribute to the solutions.
- Proven track record in integrity management and assessment of subsea pipelines, flexible risers and subsea production systems
- Understanding of risk-based integrity management, FMECA, inspection and mitigation measures
- Management, assessment and analysis of anomalies
- Engineering degree (honours or equivalent) in civil, mechanical, structural, or similar.
- Chartered status is considered advantageous
Building and developing relationships is a key part of this role. You will be able to anticipate, interpret and deliver client requirements, thereby winning work from new and existing clients. In addition to building relationships with our clients, you will be able to work with other teams to develop cross-discipline capabilities, and have a co-operative and helpful attitude to colleagues and clients.
You will have the potential and desire to progress to Principal Engineer status and beyond. In addition to having the ability to cope with rapidly with challenging problems, and bringing a flexible approach to adapt to individual situations, other key requirements include:
- Self-motivated, positive, enthusiastic, reliable, consistent and mature approach to work – appropriate to delivering growth in the face of challenging market conditions.
- Willingness to develop a wide range of skills and flexibility to work on a variety of projects.
- Ability to lead small teams, provide line management capability, and an interest in developing junior staff
- Ability to cope rapidly with challenging problems
- Ability and enthusiasm to work with other teams to develop cross-discipline capabilities
- A co-operative and helpful attitude to colleagues and clients
Additional Information and Benefits
- Travel to other company sites may be necessary.
- Flexible working options may be considered for this vacancy.
- Please refer to our website for full details of our benefits package, which includes the opportunity to purchase up to 15 days additional annual leave per year on top of our standard 25 days paid annual leave.
Atkins develops our employees through a portfolio of training and development activities designed to help you make the best of your abilities and talents. We encourage participation in all forms of training and have a programme of in-house and well as external training for all of our engineers.
Atkins is ranked as one of ‘The Sunday Times 25 Best Big Companies to Work For’ and as one of the ‘The Times Top 50 Employers for Women 2015’. We support flexible working and equal opportunities as we believe that diverse teams provide the best mix of interpersonal and technical skills needed to exceed our customers’ expectations. Our commitment to staff development is underpinned by numerous stable and long-term framework agreements with key clients.
We are one of the world’s foremost engineering and design consultancies, operating in most regions of the world, and in virtually every market. Choosing to work for Atkins will provide you with the opportunity to engage on some of the most exciting engineering challenges of our time. Together with our rewarding and flexible packages, you’ll have the perfect balance to bring your personal and career goals to fruition.