We currently have an exciting opportunity for an Intelligent Transport Systems (ITS) consultant to be based in Epsom (Greater London). The role itself will involve leading and supporting on projects which centre on the deployment of technology based transport solutions for mainly public sector organisations, including transport and local authorities. This role has come about as the team has gone from strength to strength over the last few years and we are expecting to have significant growth over the next 5 years as we help shape the future of Transportation.
The Network Operations and Technology team assists public sector organisations in a wide number of activities, providing “whole life” consultancy across the breadth of a project. Typically, these include
• Strategic and technical advice, feasibility and scoping
• Business case development, requirements capture, specification design and other project inception activities
• Project management during procurement and installation
• Commissioning and acceptance testing
The successful candidate will have a background in Intelligent Transport Systems and / or public transport technology ideally with experience including Smart Ticketing, Real Time Passenger Information and other local authority systems. Your experience will enable you to provide high quality consultancy as part of a project team. Candidates will be required to prepare bids, act as project manager and be willing to lead appropriately sized tasks themselves.
• Good degree and/or relevant professional qualification or equivalent
• Experience of providing consultancy support for delivery of intelligent transport systems projects and / or experience in a local / public authority setting or transport operator
• Client focussed and able to develop effective relationships
• Project management skills, including ability to manage multiple projects for various clients
• Excellent problem solving skills and able to develop new and innovative ideas
We offer a fantastic environment with fresh, modern offices that simply buzz with the excitement of people working at the very forefront of our industry. Join us and you’ll be joining a business that places no limits on how far you can progress. You’ll gain experience on a diverse range of industry-leading projects. Have the opportunity to inspire and be inspired by colleagues in offices across the UK, and the globe. Benefit from our promotion-from-within policy. And you’ll enjoy an exceptional rewards and benefits package including forward-thinking flexible working options to ensure that working with us works for you.
Apply & the process
To apply please click the apply link attached. We are looking to interview ASAP for this role as it is of a high priority. It is expected the interview process will be a 1 stage process competency based interview, with the option of a further meeting should it be required.