Atkins has been established in the Gulf for over 40 years, having first carried out design and supervision commissions in the Gulf area in 1967. The regional head office (Dubai) was established in 1979.
We provide a full range of design, engineering and project management services for buildings, transportation and other infrastructure programmes.
Atkins in the Middle East now employs around 2,000 staff serving Gulf clients across all market sectors from offices in Abu Dhabi, Al Ain, Doha, Dubai, Jeddah, Kuwait City, Manama, Muscat, Riyadh, Sharjah.
As the region’s leading provider of architectural and engineering design services to the built environment, Atkins is committed to design excellence in the delivery of first class solutions which combine, innovation, imagination and best practice.
Atkins is a seeking a talented Senior Landscape Architect with a minimum of eight (8) years commercial experience in Landscape Architecture to join and provide leadership to the team in our Dubai office.
- Play a key role in medium and large scale projects, as a lead, project manager, or technical advisor.
- Be responsible for the successful design and technical delivery of a wide range of diverse projects including client interface, resource allocation, project and subcontractors management, quality assurance, and commercial aspects management
- Independently evaluate, select landscape design techniques, procedures, and criteria applying local and international standards and best practices
- Play a key role in client management and client satisfaction. Maintaining and growing existing client relationships, and be able to identify future opportunities in line with business objectives
- Maintain clear and effective communication with client(s) and project team(s).
- Assist with the preparation of landscape proposals and bidding for new works;
- Ensure compliance with relevant H&S requirements and promote a culture of H&S awareness within the team
- Actively participate in developing self and other team members to their full potential (including mentoring more junior staff on achieving professional chartership)
- Postgraduate qualification in Landscape Architecture
- Minimum 8 - 12 years’ experience in landscape architecture, preferably with urban design experience
- An Internationally recognized landscape architectural professional certification or be eligible for (CMLI, RLA, AILA or equivalent)
- Minimum 3 years experience working in the Middle East region
- Proven track record with design, tender and construction processes and strong portfolio of built work which demonstrates excellent technical capabilities
- Excellent design, visualization, graphic and 3D skills and expertise in Adobe Creative Suite software packages (InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop)
- Ability to collaborate locally and remotely with multi-disciplinary and delivery teams
- Excellent communication skills in written and spoken English
- Have excellent client facing service, project management and organizational skills
- Be able to actively and positively contribute to the overall management of more junior team members on a daily basis;
Rewards and Benefits:
- Competitive salary
- 22 working days annual leave
- Medical and life insurance cover
- Company gratuity scheme
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- Annual flight allowance to point of origin
- Employee Well-Being Programme – 24 hour free advice on financial, legal and family care specialists and also access to personal health, fitness and nutrition consultants
Application Submission Requirements:
Please submit a resume, a cover letter explaining career goals, and portfolio of relevant work. Applications without the requested materials will not be considered. #BA1