The Job Scope:
This role requires an experienced, professional, currently holding a mid to senior position either from an infrastructure company, a management consulting firm or a multilateral institution with experience in advising on PPP projects and program development.
The individual must be a dynamic team member who can make a substantial contribution to driving the business forward from a ‘start-up’ perspective.
- The position of Associate Director/Senior Manager, PPP Advisory, based in Middle East will report to the Managing Director for PPP Advisory.
- The individual will be expected to make a major contribution to growing and leading the Atkins Acuity business with a focus on PPP Advisory in the Middle East and Africa. The individual will also be responsible for assisting on delivering specialist PPP support on transactions on a global basis within the Atkins network.
- In helping to create the climate for delivering world class PPP advisory services, the individual will contribute to developing the business strategy in ME and Africa, strategizing market penetration, managing and planning resources and fostering a collaborative, professional and positive working environment. The role will require a strategic-thinking business professional with strong leadership and transactional skills, able to build and consolidate Atkins’ Acuity business.
Key areas of responsibility will include:
- Bringing, maintain and expanding a significant client network;
- Provide substantial inputs to understanding the market for PPP Advisory services in ME and Africa with a focus on governments, multilateral institutions and investors;
- Developing building and maintaining relationships within key internal clients;
- Support in leading and implementing resourcing strategies and plans leading to the development of a robust and sustainable PPP Advisory team within Atkins Acuity.
- Leading the submission of bids for Acuity’s PPP Advisory team for ME and Africa opportunities;
- Working to raise the company’s profile through targeted events, the preparation and presentation of conference papers and attendance at conferences/seminars where appropriate;
- Leading the project delivery team and coordinating with the various business units and sub-consultants involved in a project.
- Acuity is the new advisory business from the Atkins Group. We help clients with big infrastructure and energy ambitions to deliver them successfully. Combining deep business acumen with the engineering expertise of Atkins, we offer seamless, end-to-end advisory services that build greater value, and ever rewarding partnerships.
Acuity advisory services help clients achieve genuine benefits from their investment and change programmes. We advise at senior levels on complex business problems, but we also take a hands-on role, to ensure the solutions aren't just conceived, they are actually delivered. Our ethos is to stand side-by-side with our clients until the real-world benefits of their investment and change programmes are realised.
For further information visit:
Acuity operates various sub-services under the service line Portfolio & Programme Management, which is carried out on a global basis. The sub-services are as follows:
1. Portfolio & Programme Management Maturity Assessment
2. Portfolio & Programme Prioritisation & Optimisation
3. Portfolio & Programme Management Office Establishment & Operations
4. Portfolio & Programme Delivery Management
5. Capability Building & Knowledge Transfer
- Graduate or post-graduate with 08-10 years of experience with good exposure to multiple regions / markets
- Responsible for small to mid-sized commissions / projects or support major commissions / projects
- Lead bid strategy, management and development
- Develop in-depth understanding of how to structure and finance PPPs, associated frameworks and institutional capacity building
- Mentor a small team of consultants / senior consultants in project structuring, financing & PPPs
- Lead project management of PPP engagements
- Provide inputs in PPP structuring, risk identification/allocation/mitigation and value for money analysis
- Deliver workshops on PPP frameworks of different jurisdictions, best practices, and other aspects of PPP advisory
- Develop selling/business development skills
- Identify bid opportunities
Rewards and Benefits:
We offer an excellent package which includes:
- A competitive tax free salary
- Accommodation allowance
- Transportation allowance
- 22 days annual leave (based on a 5 day working week)
- Medical and life insurance cover
- Company gratuity scheme
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- Annual flight allowance to point of origin
- Employee Well-Being Program – 24 hour free advice on financial, legal and family care specialists and also access to personal health, fitness and nutrition consultants
Apply and the process:
We are currently looking for Associate Director/Senior Manager for our Acuity business. We are in the process of shortlisting the candidates and will advise you on your status by the end April.