If you are an experienced Senior Mechanical Integrity Engineer, and thrive on working on some of the most exciting and varied projects in the Oil and Gas sector, then this could be the role for you.
Joining our Energy business in Aberdeen, you will have the opportunity to work on a variety of projects, including front end design, consultancy studies, integrity management of topsides facilities, and decommissioning. This opportunity is to provide onshore based day to day operational support to our client’s assets including live support and offshore enactment where required.
Working with key North Sea clients, you’ll be leading the delivery of integrity management projects for all types of topside process and pressure system facilities. You’ll be responsible for the development and implementation of integrity management strategies and schemes, anomaly management, risk-based inspection planning and review, and studies into all aspects of facilities integrity management.
You’ll be developing and specifying containment solutions, strategies and troubleshooting. You will also be providing day to day onshore based operational integrity support to client engineers including inspection and repair deferral assessment, first pass review and engineering assessments, engineering criticality assessment/fitness for service assessments, risk assessments, work scope planning and drafting, anomaly management and updating to strategy level documentation.
Other key aspects of the role include working with others to identify and develop new technical methodologies, contributing to and executing our IM business strategy, including supporting growth initiatives domestically and overseas and working with others to develop an integrated asset integrity management strategy.
You’ll be building and maintaining client relationships, with a view to winning more work, as well as contributing to successful proposals and tenders. Within this role, you’ll also liaise and leading interaction with other disciplines, such as facilities and corrosion engineering, for the delivery of day to day tasks, and have detailed knowledge and compliance with relevant codes and standards.
As an experienced Senior Mechanical Integrity Engineer you will be successfully managing a team of engineers to execute integrity management projects, and utilising pool resources from other teams and external contractors, where appropriate. You will be managing team resources to ensure productivity targets are achieved, and developing your capabilities in line with the requirements of the Atkins career paths.
Building and developing relationships is a key part of this role. You will be able to anticipate, interpret and deliver client requirements, thereby wining work from new and existing clients. You will also have experience of managing elements of bids and engaging directly with clients, and the commercial and business development acumen to assess opportunities and contribute to the solutions.
You will have the ability and experience of managing small teams, providing line management capability, including carrying out performance reviews and developing junior staff. You will have the potential and desire to progress to Principal Engineer status and beyond.
In addition to having the ability to cope with rapidly with challenging problems, and bringing a flexible approach to adapt to individual situations, other key requirements include:
- Proven success in delivering integrity management projects against external and internal time, cost and quality objectives. Experience of applying appropriate project governance and project management reporting.
- Proven track record in integrity management and assessment for offshore installations
- Understanding of risk-based integrity management, ECA, pressure systems, corrosion management systems, inspection and mitigation measures
- Management, assessment and analysis of anomalies
- Engineering degree (honours or equivalent) in mechanical or equivalent discipline.
- Chartered status is considered advantageous.
- Self-motivated, positive, enthusiastic, reliable, consistent and mature approach to work – appropriate to delivering growth in the face of challenging market conditions.
- Willingness to develop a wide range of skills and flexibility to work on a variety of projects.
- Ability and enthusiasm to work with other teams to develop cross-discipline capabilities.
Additional Information and Benefits
- Travel to other company sites may be necessary. Offshore trips will be part of the core role
- Flexible working options may be considered for this vacancy
- Please refer to our website for full details of our benefits package, which includes the opportunity to purchase up to 15 days additional annual leave per year on top of our standard 25 days paid annual leave.
- Atkins develops individuals through a portfolio of training and development activities designed to help you make the best of your abilities and talents. We encourage participation in all forms of training and have an active programme of in-house and well as external training for all of our engineers. Developing your capability is key to our success, and that is why we place such an importance on it.
Atkins is ranked as one of ‘The Sunday Times 25 Best Big Companies to Work For’ and as one of the ‘The Times Top 50 Employers for Women 2015’. We support flexible working and equal opportunities as we believe that diverse teams provide the best mix of interpersonal and technical skills needed to exceed our customers’ expectations
We are one of the world’s foremost engineering and design consultancies, operating in virtually every region of the world, in virtually every market. Choosing to work for Atkins will provide you with the opportunity to engage on some of the most exciting engineering challenges of our time. Together with our rewarding and flexible packages, you’ll have the perfect balance to bring your personal and career goals to fruition
Within the oil and gas area, our services are focused on upstream operations engineering i.e. maintain safe and efficient operations for operators, and offshore engineering encompassing fixed, floating and subsea facilities. Additionally, we operate selectively in the onshore mid-stream and downstream markets.