Atkins has been providing infrastructure planning, engineering, construction management, environmental consulting, urban planning, architecture and design, and program management services to the Federal Government, public and private clients across the United States for more than 50 years.
Globally, Atkins is the largest UK-based engineering and design consultancy and one of the world’s largest design firms with nearly 18,000 employees worldwide. We have the depth and breadth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects and the urgent transition to a low-carbon economy.
Atkins seeks an energetic and highly motivated self-starter to join our Construction Management Group as a Senior Office Engineer in our Atlanta, GA office.
Under direction, assists in the administration of construction contracts to determine cost, project quality, and adherence to established completion schedule by the contractor.
• Analyses client needs and assists contractor in interpretation of plans and specifications.
• Prepares change orders and/or supplemental agreements and updates project plans.
• Monitors construction progress and maintains daily records.
• Monitors and records materials quantities and construction results.
• Reviews shop drawings, schedules, permits, and progress charts.
• Prepares final estimate package which includes final plans, construction documents and detailed calculations of costs and pay items.
• Performs such other duties as the supervisor may from time to time deem necessary.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor's degree in construction management, civil engineering, or related field and four years related experience. With Associate's degree, twelve years of related experience. Without a degree, fourteen years related experience is required.
Experience in CPM scheduling techniques with hands-on electronic job data entry is desirable.
Good analytical and organization skills, ability to perform mathematical calculations and to understand contract plans and specifications. Ability to use PC and applicable software.
Professional Registration desired.
Atkins offers its employees a robust rewards package which includes: a competitive salary; a broad benefits package including medical/RX, dental, vision, life, disability, legal, hospitalization and other valuable voluntary options; generous time-off programs; flexible work schedules; 401(k) with employer match; professional and career development opportunities through our corporate university, as well as a highly-regarded tuition reimbursement program; and an unmatched culture focused on client-service, quality, and tireless pursuit of excellence in all we do. Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.
Please view Atkins Equal Opportunity Statement here: