We are seeking a Senior OLE Engineer with a background in engineering consultancy, contractor led design, or client management of engineering and construction projects. This individual will work with a experienced team of engineers involved in the delivery of electrification design packages across a number of projects varying in size and complexity.
The Senior OLE Engineer will work with the team to deliver all aspects of OLE design schemes, in accordance with all company standards and best practice, and to manage and control all staff appointed to projects and work packages being produced under your control. Reporting to the OLE Practice Manager the role is part of the OLE Design Team, working on a wide variety of projects in the UK and overseas. A significant amount of interaction will be necessary across the sub-region and other offices. Prior knowledge of OLE is preferable.
The Atkins Rail electrification team undertakes all aspects of electrical power distribution & traction design in the rail environment including survey, design drawings and calculations, technical specifications and reports. The team supports work across Atkins Rail including major projects, re-signalling schemes and electrification programmes.
Experience and Skills
- Authors technical reports of acceptable technical and presentational quality.
- Very good understanding of Network Rail, Railway Group standards, British Standards and Safety principles
- Able to present their work and represent their colleagues on the project in presentations and meetings
- Able to independently deliver work and integrate with larger project teams
- Applies broad technical experience and knowledge and able to check and/or critically review work of all those in the project team
- Able to manage interfaces with other railway engineering disciplines with minimal supervision
- Knowledge, understanding and application of sustainability principles
- Able to prepare project cost estimates for more complex packages of work with minimal supervision
- Applies professional knowledge and experienced judgement
- Fully proficient in OLE analysis & designs and able to review deliverables of his/her team
- Offer new ideas to improve solutions and processes and see through ideas to implementation and completion.
- Knowledge of OLE CAD standards
- Ensuring compliance with CDM design risk assessments and health, safety and environmental requirements
- Contributing to and in many cases leading the bid preparation and work winning process ensuring we are getting closer alignment to our clients.
- Developing and maintaining internal and external client relationships
- Providing support and focal point for integration of other Atkins design teams
- Ensuring compliance with Business Management, HSE and Quality procedures
- Maintaining your knowledge of current design and regulatory standards Lead and motivate a team to increase individual’s confidence, competence and self-development. Grow and advance talent within the organization.
- Demonstrate experience in a similar role
- Have the ability to work to time and cost budgets across a geographical portfolio
- Have excellent communications skills
- Possess willingness to work with clients and their project teams
- Excellent presentation skills
- Have good report writing and reviewing skills
- Have a reliable and responsible attitude, pay attention to detail and have a flexible approach to achieve the best outcomes.
- Demonstrate the ability to identify and input to activities in support of the wider business objectives that may draw upon skills in addition to those outlined above
- Be a resilient self-starter whom can inspire confidence in others
- Degree in Engineering/Science or equivalent in related discipline with typically 10 years of relevant experience,
- Expected to attain Chartered Engineer status.
- Show evidence in continuous professional development