Atkins has been providing infrastructure planning, engineering, construction, environmental consulting, urban planning, architecture, and program management services to public and private clients across the United States for more than 50 years.
Globally, Atkins is the largest UK-based engineering and design consultancy and one of the world's largest design firms with nearly 18,000 employees worldwide. We have the depth and breadth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects and the urgent transition to a low-carbon economy.
Atkins seeks an energetic and highly motivated self-starter to join our Atlanta, Georgia Project Office as an Senior Operations Coordinator.
Provide administrative and operations support to the manager of a large technical operating unit. Act as extension of manager's authority in administrative matters. Incumbent holds a position of responsibility, which includes compilation, analysis and presentation of operational data, preliminary budget development, and tracking of projects and budgets. Acts as liaison between manager and his/her clients and staff, and is charged with information flow across a wide organization. Plays proactive role in ensuring that budgets, goals and deadlines are met by monitoring progress and keeping manager well informed with up-to-date reports, graphs and other decision-making tools.
- Acts as liaison between manager and his/her staff, as well as clients and prospective clients, responding to inquiries and requests for information/approval and/or directing to appropriate staff, as required.
- Responsible for the compilation of data and the preparation of monthly reports and preliminary budgets. Confers with managers' direct reports to ensure budget items are reasonable before presentation to the manager. Monitors project progress/charges, adjusting budgets and monitoring revenue generation, project performance, and budget conformance throughout the year. Advises unit managers on items needing attention, e.g., when marketing expenditures are close to exceeding budgeted amount.
- Coordinates operations within organization unit to ensure consistency with policies and procedures.
- Assists manager with the initiation and/or processing of personnel actions.
- Analyzes project control reports and profit planning monitors to ensure expenses have been accurately charted to proper account and proper organization. Advises managers when corrections are needed.
- Develops charts and graphs based on financial reports, and updates them as needed for meetings, monthly reports, or presentations.
- Assists in the development of presentations to clients and prospective clients.
- Prepares organization charts for various operating units.
- May coordinate and attend meetings and prepare meeting minutes.
- May perform such other duties as the Supervisor may from time to time deem necessary.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, plus six years' experience. Without a degree, requires ten years' experience in progressively responsible administrative work.
Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills required. Knowledge of business administration practices and principles, including finance and accounting. Computer skills required, particularly in Excel, PowerPoint and Word. Knowledge of the consulting engineering industry helpful. Ability to deal effectively and harmoniously with people at all levels of the organization.
Atkins offers its employees a robust rewards package which includes: a competitive salary; a broad benefits package including medical/RX, dental, vision, life, disability, legal, hospitalization and other valuable voluntary options; generous time-off programs; flexible work schedules; 401(k) with employer match; professional and career development opportunities through our corporate university, as well as a highly-regarded tuition reimbursement program; and an unmatched culture focused on client-service, quality, and tireless pursuit of excellence in all we do. Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.
Please view Atkins Equal Opportunity Statement here: