Atkins York and Derby offices have a strong and growing Permanent Way workload due to current commitments on several large frameworks and multidisciplinary projects across the UK. Our workload and client base is both varied and interesting with our core works comprising line speed & route capacity improvement schemes and S&C remodelling and renewals. In addition to this, the wider Atkins Transportation business is involved in Crossrail Anglia, HS2 and several National Electrification schemes and some overseas works, further underlining the positive outlook within our Transportation and P Way businesses.
To support this growth, Atkins is looking to recruit Senior Engineers for the York and Derby offices. The successful candidates will play a lead role in the development of current and future schemes by overseeing and leading design production, undertaking checks, and mentoring the junior staff within the teams.
Specific skills and past experiences in the following are sought:
· HNC/HND/Degree Civil Engineering or equivalent
· Proven Permanent Way Rail design experience, in a variety of schemes
· Experienced in leading the production of P Way designs
· Experienced in undertaking design checks of outline and detailed design schemes
· Good knowledge of Network Rail and Railway Group standards relevant to P Way design
· Experience in mentoring Engineers and Technicians
· User of BRT design software is preferred, although MX Rail users will be considered
· Microstation experience (desirable)
· Experience of CRE or deputy CRE duties would be advantageous but not essential (support will be provided towards obtaining CRE status)
· Chartered Engineer with a relevant Institution – ICE, IMechE etc. (desirable)
Atkins develops individuals through a portfolio of training and development courses designed to help you make the best of your abilities and talents. These are reviewed with individuals through an annual appraisal process. We actively support staff in achieving membership of relevant institutions (if not already achieved).
We support flexible working and equal opportunities as we believe that diverse teams provide the best mix of interpersonal and technical skills needed to exceed our customers’ expectations.