A vacancy exists within the team for a Senior Principal Consultant to take on a client facing project delivery role, leading our project team based onsite with a government client in Saudi Arabia. As well as project managing client work the post holder will be responsible for mentoring and guiding colleagues as they develop their careers.
The position will involve working alone or with colleagues, often leading bespoke project teams to design, develop and deliver innovative solutions for clients within agreed timescales and budgets. Knowledge of relevant legislation and good practice coupled with a sound understanding of emergency planning and business continuity principles will be fundamental to providing the relevant support to our clients.
This position, which will be based at client offices in Saudi Arabia, will involve interaction with other team members across the Group and will require travel within the region and at times overseas. Experience of working internationally and specifically in region are an important part of the skill-set required for the role.
- Support the regional business acting as a client lead, ensuring delivery and building relationships
- Project manage the delivery of client work
- Lead the technical delivery of consultancy projects
- Develop and enhance client relationships
- Identify business development opportunities, leading bids and work winning activities
- Develop and support new business initiatives
- Promote resilience work within Atkins and externally
- Compliance with Quality, Safety and Environmental procedures to Atkins Business Management Systems
- Deliver outputs to quality, programme and budget
Atkins has been established in the Gulf for over 40 years, having first carried out design and supervision commissions in the Gulf area in 1967. The regional head office (Dubai) was established in 1979.
We provide a full range of design, engineering and project management services for buildings, transportation and other infrastructure programmes.
Atkins in the Middle East now employs around 2,000 staff serving Gulf clients across all market sectors from offices in Abu Dhabi, Al Ain, Doha, Dubai, Jeddah, Kuwait City, Manama, Muscat, Riyadh, and Sharjah.
As a provider of multi-disciplined technical services to the built environment, Atkins is committed to design excellence in the delivery of first class solutions which combine, innovation, imagination and best practice.
- Academic qualification in disaster management, emergency planning, business continuity or similar discipline
- Relevant experience may be considered in lieu of an academic qualification
- Member of a relevant professional body such as the International Association of Emergency Managers, Emergency Planning Society or Business Continuity Institute
- Up to date knowledge and understanding of relevant legislation and guidance
- Experience of working in resilience, business continuity or emergency contingency planning
- A track record of developing long term client relationships, project delivery and winning work
- Good understanding of project management principles
- Team leadership experience
- Proven team working ability
- Excellent report writing, presentation and oral communication skills
- Experience in the government or utility service sectors
- Operational emergency/continuity management experience for government bodies
- Application of risk management principles
The successful candidate must be able to demonstrate evidence of:
- Leadership attributes
- Flexible and adaptable to the demands of the role
- A high expectation of personal performance
- A robust approach to managing personal and team continuous professional development
- A high level of personal initiative, vision and motivation
- Strong interpersonal and presentational skills
- A keenness to work in a collaborative team environment
- Full driving licence
- Proficient in the Microsoft Office suite of programmes
- A willingness to work in a variety of locations but based in Saudi Arabia
Rewards and Benefits:
We offer an excellent package which includes:
- A competitive salary
- Accommodation allowance;
- Transportation allowance;
- 22 calendar days annual leave (based on 5 day working week)
- Medical and life insurance cover;
- Company gratuity scheme;
- Discretionary bonus scheme;
- Annual flight allowance to point of origin
Employee Well-Being Programme – 24 hour free advice on financial, legal and family care specialists and also access to personal health, fitness and nutrition consultants.
Apply and the process:
We are currently looking for Senior Principal Consultant to support our Atkins business.
Below is the link to apply for the job: