We are looking for Senior/Principal Electrical Engineers to join our established Building Services team in the London and South East region, to be based in London Euston office.
As part of our electrical engineering team, you’ll get the chance to put your own ideas and innovations into place on high profile major projects including the Dubai Metro and Gatwick Pier 6. You can really make your mark on the buildings and infrastructure that are making the world we live in a better place for all.
This will be an excellent opportunity for a keen individual to progress within one of the UK’s leading engineering companies and get involved in projects across a variety of sectors.
- Specification and design of fixed and temporary low voltage electrical installations.
- Carrying out electrical power and lighting design calculations on fixed and temporary installations
- Liaise with architects and other designers in interpreting input information and applying it to generate a comprehensive electrical design
- Preparing technical specifications
- Preparing drawings for drafting by the CAD team
- Representing Atkins at meetings with clients and contractors
- Site surveys, inspections and monitor site works
- Report writing
- Maintaining records and archives to company standards
- Manage own workload
- BSC/BEng or equivalent in building services engineering or related subjects/suitable equivalent experience
- Working towards chartered status and membership of CIBSE/IET
- Sufficient experience working in a design consultancy - some experience of working within a contractor environment is additionally welcome
- A working knowledge of electrical standards used in the temporary event industry may be an advantage
- Good level of computer literacy in Windows, Amtech, Dialux/Relux, NES (Specification Expert) and Microsoft packages - an understanding of AutoCAD is beneficial.
- Able to take charge of project deliverables, make decisions, act on own initiative and operate in a pro-active way
- Good report writing skills, experience of making presentations to and attending meetings with client is essential
When you join our Infrastructure division, you’ll get to see your ideas put into place on the design and engineering projects that keep the world turning. You’ll work with a growing nationwide team who are all about making spaces and places work perfectly for people. Whether it’s an airport, transport interchange, university campus or the world’s first tidal lagoon, you’ll find that no project is too big or complex for us to handle.
We support flexible working and equal opportunities as we believe that diverse teams provide the best mix of interpersonal and technical skills needed to exceed our customers’ expectations
Closing date for all applications is January 6th 2017.
Salary: £50,000 - £55,000