We are experiencing considerable growth and strong market demand in our Security and Intelligence, Aviation, Defence and Public Sector markets. Serving these markets, our Strategic Technology Consulting practice is a successful and growing part of our business, which has expanded over the last two years in terms of both footprint and capability. We have built a high quality consulting team, attracting top-tier consultants and delivering high quality work. We are now looking to expand the scope and scale of our capability in Enterprise Architecture. Initially there will be particular focus on supporting our clients in the Defence and Security and Intelligence sectors, however successful candidates will have the opportunity to work in client roles across our wider portfolio, which includes, for example, the central government, local government, transportation and energy sectors.
In order to develop this capability we are now looking for a number of dynamic and motivated Senior or Principal Consultants in Enterprise or Solution Architecture who have a proven track record in providing high quality advice and delivery to demanding clients in complex Stakeholder environments. These roles are client facing, and may be in the form of solo engagements, or leading/operating as part of small or larger multidisciplinary teams.
Successful candidates will be required to undergo Developed Vetting security clearance and any offers of employment will be subject to this
The role and the requirements
We are looking for individuals who can demonstrate a robust knowledge and high quality track record of organisational, information and technology architecture advice and development. You will be influencers, shapers and comfortable operating in fluid and uncertain environments. We are particularly interested if you have experience of Information and Technology domains although would expect you to work equally comfortably across strategy, organisational, operational and technology disciplines. You will also be responsible for developing propositions and thought leadership
This is an exciting time in Strategic Technology Consulting, and the roles provide individuals with significant development opportunities that arise through working in a growth area in an expanding team. As well as technical delivery, you will be expected to support development of the capability through, for example, development of propositions and thought leadership and potentially assisting with the development and delivery of training. Additionally there will be a need to support or lead business development activities through leading or contributing to proposal development.
You will be able to demonstrate excellent core competence and experience in EA or Solution architecture and related activities (e.g. systems engineering). Additionally, we are also looking for people with the experience and skills in developing business relationships at all levels, and leading teams to deliver great work. You will have a proven track record in some or all of the following areas:
• Translating business visions, goals, objectives and high-level requirements into Solution or Enterprise Architectures. Developing contextual, conceptual, logical and physical views of architectures, across key architecture domains (including Business, Applications, Information, Security and Infrastructure);
• IT strategy and target operating model development
• Developing technical solutions for large and complex programmes, including defining technical requirements, selecting solutions (COTS and bespoke developments), and ensuring successful delivery
• Leading reviews of the technologies and architectures employed in existing systems or in-flight projects, and communicating the findings of the review back to senior stakeholders;
• Working within architecture frameworks such as TOGAF, MODAF and Zachman, using architecture tools to support systems delivery. Candidates should ideally have experience of more than one framework and at least one toolset, and be able to articulate the value and challenges that they bring;
• Implementing and running Architecture and Design Governance frameworks at both the Enterprise and Solution level, including the establishment and operation of Architecture Boards and Technical Design Authorities;
• Using industry recognised IT frameworks, such as ITIL, COBIT and SFIA, and industry recognised modelling standards, such as BPMN and Archimate, to accelerate programmes and provide common understanding amongst key stakeholders of architectural concepts and their impacts;
• Experience of aspects of related disciplines such as Systems Engineering, Agile and Digital
• An ability to influence and communicate with all levels of stakeholder including senior executives, directors, managers and junior staff.
• Good general consulting skills (soft skills, structured thinking, effective report writing and presentations, and stakeholder engagement).
• Comfort in operating in highly fluid and environments characterised by uncertainty.
• An ability to work under broad direction, with a high level of self-initiation.
• Central Government experience is highly desirable, particularly in the Security and Intelligence agencies; some additional wider sector experience (Local Government; Regulated Industry; Private sector) is desirable.
• Knowledge and experience of new technology trends and disruptive technologies, including cloud, government ICT strategy, social, big data and digital services.