Atkins is one of the world’s most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. We are looking to recruit a Senior or Principal EIA Consultant to join our team in Euston, London.
Our proven track record in delivering complex solutions is made possible by the collective breadth and depth of expertise, experience and resources of our people and businesses around the world.
You will join a team of over 30 EIA and environmental coordinators located across the country, working to deliver an exciting range of high profile infrastructure projects including HS2, Crossrail, Thames Tideway Tunnel and the A303 Stonehenge tunnel. Key clients in this region include Thames Water, Transport for London, Network Rail and Highways England as well as numerous Local Authorities. We pride ourselves on providing forward thinking practical and pragmatic solutions that deliver lasting value for our clients and their customers.
You will work collaboratively with a range of technical specialists on a broad range of projects and will manage and coordinate Environmental Impacts Assessments, and/or the development of Environmental Management Plans for the design and construction phases of projects. The successful candidate will have experience of UK environmental legislation and a broad understanding of all the technical specialism required for an EIA. This will be combined with an ability to work successfully with design teams to deliver optimal environmental outcomes on projects.
You will have the opportunity to contribute towards achieving the targets of the business with regards to business development, business delivery and work winning. There is also the opportunity for involvement in international EIA work.
You will join a progressive Environment team with a wide range of client interests within the public and private sectors and will play a key role in the development of Atkins’ infrastructure services in the UK.
- Coordination and delivery of environmental work being undertaken by multi-disciplinary teams
- To set the scope, coordinate, check and review the work of others in a dynamic, multi-disciplinary team on a wide range of development and infrastructure projects.
- To competently undertake own work to an excellent standard, on time and to budget.
- To support and develop more junior staff.
- To ensure compliance with Atkins Business Management Systems and company policies.
- Specification, preparation and coordination of fee proposals for environmental work.
- Degree or Masters in an environmental or science subject.
- Chartered with a relevant professional institute.
- Excellent depth and breadth of knowledge of environmental legislation, guidance, and technical specialisms,
- Able to check and review complex documents and summarise and present the key issues in a clear and concise way, understandable to non-specialists.
- Experienced in managing clients’ needs in a confident, professional manner.
- Strong report writing, verbal and presentation skills.
- Full UK/EEC driving licence.
- Able to prioritise and work effectively under pressure
- Proven record of project management
Rewards and Benefits
Please refer to our website for details of our full benefits package.
Atkins develops individuals through a portfolio of training and development activities designed to help you make the best of your abilities and talents. These are reviewed with individuals through an annual appraisal process. We actively support staff in achieving corporate membership of relevant institutions.