Atkins are one of the largest multidisciplinary, multi sector engineering design consultancies in the world and have been voted as a Sunday Times 25 Best Big Companies to Work for 2015.
Our Water and Environment business have been successful in securing a number of multi million pound design frameworks within the UK Water Industry between 2015 and 2020. We also provide engineering expertise to a wide range of UK and international clients in water and environmental related projects - but outside of the regulated UK Water Industry.
We are looking for engineers to join our Peterborough office who are able to innovate and challenge standard practices. We want great communicators who can integrate well and who see beyond the standard approach to design delivery.
Within our Engineering Design practice, we have an opportunity for a Principal Mechanical Engineer based in our modern office in Peterborough.
You will join an established team of around 30 civil, mechanical, electrical and process engineers working across the UK. You will be expected to lead multidisciplinary design schemes as well as provide technical leadership to a group of highly motivated, developing engineers.
This is an exciting time to be joining Atkins.
- Candidates must be Degree qualified in Mechanical Engineering
- A Chartered engineer
- Proven understanding of the design and supply chain process – and how we collaborate with our clients and partnering contractors;
- Experienced with recently updated CDM regulations, and with relevant HSE legislation;
- Experienced within the water engineering sector with experience in both wastewater and clean water, treatment and distribution;
- Project management / project engineering experience desirable.
As a Principal Mechanical Engineer you will be required to undertake the following duties:
- Capable of building and maintaining strong business relationships with internal line managers and external clients;
- Positive outlook and approachable manner;
- Self-motivated and able to work on own initiative;
- Ability to complete assignments on time, within budget and to a high technical standard.