We are currently looking for an experienced Project Controls Manager to form part of our Project Management Consultant (PMC) project team, based on a large defence and telecoms project in Riyadh. The main objective of the PMC is to implement and manage the overall Development Programme, which includes telecom & infrastructure enhancement works. The Project Controls Manager is responsible for the leadership, direction, management and performance of a project controls team and shall be expected to assist the Client in any way possible to ensure the project is completed to the required timescales and within their stated budgets. The project is expected to last for 18 months.
Faithful+Gould is one of the world’s leading consultancies providing integrated project and programme management services for construction and engineering projects, with a turnover in excess of £200 million.
Faithful+Gould worldwide has access to 2,300 consultants, of whom 400 are located in the Middle East across six offices. We have successfully delivered commercial advice and management support for over 65 years to clients in Asia Pacific, Europe, Middle East, UK, and North America. We are a wholly-owned subsidiary of the Atkins Group, the design and engineering company.
Active in the Middle East for 18 years, Faithful+Gould combines in-depth knowledge of the region with the ability to draw on our global resource and constructive expertise, to deliver the most challenging of projects. With registered companies in Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Qatar, Oman, Saudi Arabia, and Kuwait, this makes us one of the strongest international construction consultancies in the region.
- Must have a Batchelor’s Degree in a Construction related discipline;
- Possess 15 years of total experience and at least 5 years’ experience in the Middle East, preferably Saudi Arabia;
- Knowledge of current cost, schedule, and document control software (ex: Oracle Primavera P6, Excel, Prism, SAP, and SharePoint)
- Strong experience in PCM of major projects;
- Experience working in Construction sector and on Claims projects.
- Preferably with experience of Military/Defence, Telecom and/or working in a Project Management office;
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal and presentation skills;
- Independent worker who is able to work well with minimal supervision;
- Possess good project background and proven English language technical writing ability and skills.
- Western Educated, native english speaker - first language.
Roles and Responsibilities
- The project controls manager’s responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Manage the Project Controls team
- Interface with the project management team and all key stakeholders.
- Manage the weekly and monthly progress report protocols / templates for progress reporting and monitoring progress against it.
- Manage the preparation of weekly and monthly progress reports/presentations for the client.
- Assisting in establishing / delivering formal reporting arrangements on project progress for the client and project.
- Prepare project advice for any site progress / planning concern that may impact site progress.
- Prepare and manage the daily escalation report for project managers.
- Overseeing the preparation of risk assessments and mitigation plans.
- Ensure and manage effective information and document transfer at all levels
- Establishing the document coding structure for all documents.
- Manage and develop the document control system and communication flow for the project.
- Ensure procurement, material and submittal logs are created and maintained.
- Manage and identify long lead items.
- Manage the consultant selection process for commercial and technical evaluation.
- Cost reporting (with data provided by others).
- Reviewing contract documents, suggesting changes for planning and programming aspects and the addition of new clauses if necessary.
- Manage the design, procurement and construction progress for compliance with contract requirements.
- Arrange and manage planning workshops/meetings to discuss and assist contractors / consultants to close their planning / project control issues.
- Manage the set-up of Primavera Project Management System P6v7
- Manage the preparation of the master programme for the project.
- Manage and review construction programmes received from contractors and analyse them in line with the contractual requirements.
- Preparing design programs for projects under design and guideline programs for projects to be started / under-progress.
- Making recommendations for possible acceleration.
- Challenge any claims and EOT requests.
- Establish and manage the permit approval system.
- Review and assess any claims for variations or change orders from the main contractor or client and inform the commercial team of the potential cost impact.
- Ensure document control processes and procedures are sufficient to enable proper and recordable transfer of documents between the Project Management Team, the client, contractors, consultants, and other parties.
- Preparation and distribution of regular weekly and monthly reports,
- Prepare escalation reports for the project management team;
- Prepare weekly progress presentations for the employer.
- Prepare risk assessment and mitigation plans
- Review contracted scopes and project deliverables
- Identify any gaps and provide recommendations to close any scope gaps.
Rewards and Benefits:
- A competitive salary
- 22 days paid annual leave + KSA statutory holidays Life Assurance Scheme (based on 5 day working week)
- Company gratuity scheme
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- Annual flight allowance to point of origin
- Personal accident cover
- Medical insurance
- Employee Well-Being Programme – 24 hour free advice on financial, legal and family care specialists and also access to personal health, fitness and nutrition consultants
Apply and the Process:
We are currently looking for Senior Project Controls Manager for our F+G business. We are in the process of shortlisting the candidates and will advise you on your status by the end 31st January 2017.
Below is the link to apply for the job: