Atkins has been providing infrastructure planning, engineering, construction, environmental consulting, urban planning, architecture, and program management services to public and private clients across the United States for more than 50 years. Globally, Atkins is the largest UK-based engineering and design consultancy and one of the world's largest design firms with nearly 18,000 employees worldwide. We have the depth and breadth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects and the urgent transition to a low-carbon economy.
Atkins seeks an energetic and highly motivated self-starter to work at our Client site in downtown Atlanta, Georgia office as a Senior Project Manager.
Responsible for the support of corporate real estate strategies, overall planning and service delivery of Atkins' North American real estate portfolio (includes F+G, AA, and AE). Works with Office Leaders across all facilities to ensure corporate initiatives with respect to safety, sustainability, and sound financial management. Provides financial analysis, support, and reporting as required for corporate needs.
- PROGRAM/STRUCTURE. Executes day-to-day operation of North America facilities program under direction of supervisor. Executes office moves, consolidations, new office space, and office closures under the direction of supervisor. Attends all moves and provides direct location support to local teams. Submits all fixed asset Disposition Transfer forms to Accounting on a timely basis. Support all North America facility operations working with all levels of management to ensure operational goals are met. Supports efficiency optimization of overall cost of the real estate and facility portfolio to ensure financial goals are met. Main point of contact for all office leaders to address and resolve all customer services issues.
- POLICY & PROCEDURE PROCESS. Effectively communicate best practices procedures to office leaders. Monitor adherence to office procedures and provide strategies to increase compliance. Maintain all aspects of office leader intranet site on Axis. Develop strong internal relationships with Finance, Purchasing, Legal, and IT to facilitate management and coordination of all office facilities staff.
- VENDOR MANAGEMENT. Engage with Procurement for all bids, quotes, and facility related purchases and adhere to all Procurement and Accounting policies and procedures.
- REPORTING & ANALYSIS. Ensures Certification of Insurance are completed for new locations. Provide Accounting with fixed asset reporting documentation inclusive of $0 NBV clean ups. Track budgets for office moves and tenant improvement allowances. Meet with all new office leaders and assist with financial reviews. Update supervisor on key developments regarding budget tracking and overall project tracking.
- CONTINUOUS IMPROVEMENT. Work in coordination with HR,< Safety, IT, Legal, and Finance to ensure facilities relocation efficiency optimization. Design and host training seminars to office leaders regarding best practices. Adapt and embrace expanding responsibilities as business requirements change.
- Perform such other duties as the supervisor may from time to time deem necessary.
Education and Experience
Bachelor's degree plus 10 years' experience directing, managing and mentoring Project/Facilities Management and/or Workplace Management teams. With Associate's degree, fifteen years of related experience.
Excellent communication, organizational and presentation skills. Diligence and attention to detail are key skills along with ability to multi-task, prioritize work appropriately and deal with a wide range of issues. Excellent interpersonal skills including listening skills, negotiating, problem solving, decision making and assertiveness. Ability to collaborate effectively with team members. Must have excellent computer skills and proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite. Must possess knowledge of office leases and constructional issues. Must demonstrate contract and service provider management and implementing and delivering change programs around open plan, mobile and flexible work skills experience. Excellent skill in project delivery, follow-through and documentation of completed tasks and efforts.
Membership with CoreNet North American Summit or other national real estate association is preferred.