At Atkins, we help move the world forward, one step at a time. We turn the future of transport into a reality, with our transportation team working on the biggest and most challenging projects around. You’ll experience plenty of variety and opportunities to grow your career with an award-winning team. And you’ll enjoy fantastic support and the social side of things too. So, help us deliver all kinds of innovative solutions as we transform potential into reality. This is our time to make a difference.
Atkins’ Transportation and Infrastructure Division is our centre of excellence for the design of highway infrastructure projects in the Middle East. We aim to be the first choice designer for local and national highway authorities, contractors and developers.
To meet our growth ambitions we are seeking a ‘design and build’ experienced Senior Project Manager with strong highways experience to join our Doha office and lead a multi-disciplinary team to develop solutions from concept to detailed design, specification and construction and assist our Market Directors in expanding our portfolio of the biggest and most challenging highways projects across the Middle East.
- Client, programme and financial management of projects.
- Contract Management.
- Leading a multi-disciplinary team to develop high quality solutions to time and budget.
- Instilling safety and environmental leadership
- Assigning work to and checking / reviewing the project team’s work.
- Preparation and presentation of technical and progress reports.
- Management of remote delivery teams.
- Managing senior stakeholders.
- Developing and maintaining excellent professional relationships which can secure repeat business.
- Presenting to clients and key stakeholders in a professional, responsive and client focused manner.
- Working collaboratively across the Atkins Group.
- Preparing fee offers for agreement with the client.
- Mentoring and supporting the development of the team.
- Expanding the Atkins business and assisting with the delivery of business targets.
- Line management of junior staff.
- Chartered Engineer with 20 years minimum relevant highways experience, including at least 5 years in the Middle East and preferably including highways project experience in Qatar.
- Proven ability in managing Design and Build projects.
- Proven ability to manage major highways projects including preparing programmes, deliverables schedules and managing risk.
- Strong communication skills
- Significant consultancy experience within the Middle East and international highway sector working for key clients, e.g. government authorities, developers and major contractors.
- Experience in leading technical delivery of highways/civil engineering design within multidisciplinary projects.
- Working knowledge of the various international codes, local design manuals and specifications for roads and bridges across the Middle East.
- Line Management experience.
- Experience of interface and requirements management.
- Bidding process experience.
- Prince2 Practitioner and/or APM qualified, Level C or above.
- Experience of project scheduling, including resourcing, using Primavera or Microsoft Project.
- Experience of monitoring construction contracts and of site management.
- Experience of business process improvement techniques, for example, Lean Construction.
Rewards & Benefits:
We offer an excellent package which includes:
- A competitive salary
- Accommodation allowance;
- Transportation allowance;
- 26 calendar days annual leave (based on 6 day working week)
- Medical and life insurance cover;
- Company gratuity scheme;
- Discretionary bonus scheme;
- Annual flight allowance to point of origin
- Employee Well-Being Programme – 24 hour free advice on financial, legal and family care specialists and also access to personal health, fitness and nutrition consultants
Applicants will be screened against the above criteria and contacted accordingly.