Faithful+Gould is an international company with great strength and a culture of progression. Placing great emphasis on the training, development and assessment of our staff, we’re dedicated to providing cutting-edge expertise. Join us and you’ll benefit from a development programme designed to ensure your career objectives are met in full.
We are currently recruiting for a Senior Project Manager to be based from our Oxford office. The role will offer the right candidate the opportunity to work on a range of projects, to develop the Project Management team in Oxford and, as a consequence, progress their career within Faithful+Gould.
We are looking for a collaborative, motivated and senior individual to:
• Lead and provide effective delivery of Project Management services across a range of market sectors.
• Take an active role in business development and build on an existing team to help deliver new opportunities.
• Provide support to the senior management team as required on all business issues.
To join us you’ll need:
• Previous experience in the construction industry.
• To hold a relevant construction qualification and be a professional member of a recognised professional institution i.e. RICS.
• A track record of generating opportunities and winning new work.
• To have experience of pre and post contract project control and responsibility and be able to deliver this service effectively to Clients.
• To have the ability to manage a project throughout its lifecycle.
• To be able to manage a multi disciplinary design team.
• To provide full efficient and effective services in all technical and contractual aspects of professional practice.
• Experience in the preparation of fee proposals and submissions when required, for review by Office Director
• Effective and efficient administration and ownership of project fee accounts
• To manage of internal job costings in relation to the fee and services to be provided and resource requirements.
• The ability to demonstrate a highly motivated, pro-active approach to work matters.
• The ability to conduct yourself in a courteous manner with a high level of professionalism.
• To be IT literate with a good understanding of Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook.
To join us you’ll be:
• Positive and collaborative, committed to working to the highest professional standards.
• Able to build relationships with other teams within the business.
• Able to represent Faithful+Gould at bid interviews
• Motivated to continuously develop technical skills.
• Able to manage a team on major/complex projects
• Effective at team control and promoting team spirit/culture
• Able to apply technical knowledge in analysing problems and providing solutions.
• Able to work well under pressure and have a proven ability to deliver to deadlines.
• Confident, outgoing, with the drive to succeed and develop.
This role has excellent prospects for an individual who has a strong ambition to progress and enjoys working collaboratively within a vibrant team. As well as technical competence, we are looking for someone with the ability to think laterally, who possesses first class communication skills, has strong commercial awareness, who will provide a first class service to our Clients.
Faithful+Gould develops individuals through a portfolio of training and development courses designed to help you make the best of your abilities and talents. These are reviewed with individuals through an annual appraisal process. We actively support staff in achieving corporate membership of relevant institutions.
Faithful+Gould recognise that there are many well qualified people who are looking to further their career, but who cannot commit to full time employment. We support flexible working arrangements and are interested to discuss how we can accommodate individual requirements.
Right to Work
The UK Government have taken steps to reduce net migration to the UK by limiting the number of overseas workers from outside the EEA coming to the UK for employment. Please note that whilst we are able to consider applications from overseas workers from outside the EEA (who require a Tier 2 (General) visa) we can only employ them if we can provide evidence that there are no other suitable candidates for this vacancy from inside the EEA