Faithful+Gould is one of the world’s leading consultancies providing integrated project and programme management services for construction and engineering projects, with a turnover in excess of £200 million. Faithful+Gould worldwide has access to over 2,400 consultants, of whom 500+ are located in the Middle East across six offices.
We have successfully delivered commercial advice and management support for over 65 years to clients in Asia Pacific, Europe, Middle East, UK, and North America. We are a wholly-owned subsidiary of the Atkins Group, the design and engineering company.
Active in the Middle East for 18 years, Faithful+Gould combines in-depth knowledge of the region with the ability to draw on our global resource and constructive expertise, to deliver the most challenging of projects. With registered companies in Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Qatar, Oman, Saudi Arabia, and Kuwait, this makes us one of the strongest international construction consultancies in the region.
- Direction of internal (or external) staff in the delivery of large residential project
- Project is high-rise (over 30 storey) apartment buildings
- Acting as the lead staff member reporting direct to Client (or Programme Management team).
- Be able to undertake dual role of Development and Project Manager.
- Facilitate and run projects on behalf of the employer
- The candidate should be well versed in the pro-active management of design, tender and construction project phases.
Role responsibilities include:
- Invest in sound people management principles to ensure that the team works well and provides a supportive environment for the achievement of project and individual objectives
- Managing the welfare and motivation of direct reports providing leadership, guidance and encouragement
- Plan for and undertake annual performance reviews in line with business processes
- Act in a professional manner at all times to best represent the company
- Receive and review detailed reports on the project from the site delivery team. Where necessary contribute, collate and draft project monthly project managers report.
- Establish formal reporting arrangements on project progress for the Client and in line with business processes
- Where necessary contribute or lead report presentations to the Client
- Ensure extended delivery
- Implement a high-level effective project management framework, incorporating necessary review processes as required
- Define and implement criteria for control and management of the project
- Co-ordinate and direct client and stakeholder input throughout the project lifecycle
- Appraise options and submit to the Client for approval
- Lead and oversee the value management strategy
- Monitor and manage project budget (through appointed cost consultant), including risk allowance
- Monitor and control changes/variations following approval by Client
- Monitor compliance with construction program and identify opportunities for improved delivery
- Produce and monitor scope of services for other consultants required on the project
- Produce and monitor scope of works, and extended tender packages, for purpose of contractor tenders
- Oversee the effective operation of the site through conducting regular site visits and quality checks
- Define and implement a formal risk management framework for the project and the company’s engagement
- Proactively identify potential problems, conflicts, design and delivery issues using risk management tools and skills to mitigate impact on the project
- Protect the company’s contractual position at all times and bring to the attention of your line manager any issues of a political or commercially sensitive nature
- Ensure company policies and procedures are followed including policies and procedure which may be unique to any joint venture arrangement
- Negotiate and convert contracts as required by the project/s
- Oversee the award of contracts and ensure the client is adequately protected
- Chair meetings and ensure minutes are actioned in a timely manner
- Provide timely regular and accurate reporting on the project progress, costs and quality as determined by your line manager
- Actively seek and implement strategies to improve the client’s position in regard to return and value
- Contribute to the strategic development and refinement of business systems implemented or reviewed by the Company from time to time
- Apply Company policies and procedures
- Provide timely and constructive feedback on systems so that improvements can be made continuously
- Undertake project financial reports, where requested or required.
The successful candidate should:
- Be degree qualified in an construction related subject;
- Be able to work as part of a team and show good teamwork skills;
- Be RICS/CIOB/ICE chartered or equivalent qualification;
- Have 7-10 years total experience
- Have 3 years Middle East experience as a minimum;
- Have 5 years experience in projects in the residential and high-rise sector;
- Previous experience of working with a contractor within the UAE is advantageous;
- Ideally currently based within the UAE; #SF1