This is an exciting opportunity to be part of managing and improving one of the busiest motorways in Europe, the M25, its key arterial link roads serving central London and surrounding area, and the A282 (Dartford Crossing).
Balfour Beatty are part of a consortium including Atkins and Egis Road Operations UK – creating Connect Plus Services, a unique partnership with a collective strength in highways asset care from finance, through to design, build, maintenance as well as day to day operation.
As part of our 30-year remit to manage and improve the capital’s orbital motorway network, we deliver major improvement projects, such widening 38 miles of the M25, refurbishing tunnels and bridges, and installing hundreds of variable messaging signs and gantries, helping to maximise the use of the network and deliver more reliable journeys. We also manage the Dartford River crossing, and operate and maintain 440 kilometres of motorway providing our customer and road user with a world-class highway service.
· To ensure responsibilities and objectives set in each year’s Zero Harm Plan are met during delivery on their projects and demonstrate leadership in continuous improvement of the culture of the project teams.
· To ensure responsibilities and objectives with respect to Health & Safety and CDM regulations are met during the complete delivery on each of project in their portfolio.
· To provide strong, visible Health & Safety culture leadership
· To develop a high quality relationship with all members of the project team to embrace the requirements of the Sustainable Business Culture and one team approach.
· To develop good relationships with all other teams and clients to ensure that all parties’ project requirements are understood and accounted for.
· Engage with the Commercial Team to produce achievable programmes, budgets and scopes for the projects. To contribute to the Tender Processes as appropriate.
· To review on a monthly basis all costs with their appointed Senior QS and reach agreement on the final report. Advise senior managers through Change Control any changes to scope or budget, continuously reflecting back to the aims or constraints set for the project or financial year.
· To review on a monthly basis all programmes and budget forecasts, analyse performance trends, identify issues and agree reporting level and quality.
· Work with the project teams to improve and reduce the use of environmental resources through application of best practice, innovation and technological advancement. Ensuring a Whole Life Cost approach is applied to the schemes through regular review and identification of efficiencies and cost savings.
· To plan and manage delivery of the schemes, through activities including the following:
§ Agree delivery programme
§ Agree clear lines of communication and responsibility
§ Coordinate project team resources
§ Agree priorities and identify risks in delivery and when necessary present to senior managers to arbitrate priorities
§ Ensure processes and procedures are followed, in particular governance requirements and ensure Performance Point Event risks are understood and managed