Faithful+Gould is one of the world’s leading consultancies providing integrated project and programme management services for construction and engineering projects, with a turnover in excess of £200 million. Faithful+Gould worldwide has access to over 2,400 consultants, of whom 500+ are located in the Middle East across six offices.
We have successfully delivered commercial advice and management support for over 65 years to clients in Asia Pacific, Europe, Middle East, UK, and North America. We are a wholly-owned subsidiary of the Atkins Group, the design and engineering company.
Active in the Middle East for 18 years, Faithful+Gould combines in-depth knowledge of the region with the ability to draw on our global resource and constructive expertise, to deliver the most challenging of projects. With registered companies in Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Qatar, Oman, Saudi Arabia, and Kuwait, this makes us one of the strongest international construction consultancies in the region.
- Leading hospitality projects in the UAE.
- Delivery of 5/4 star hotel project(s).
- The candidate should be well versed in the pro-active management of design, tender and construction project phases.
- The candidate should be familiar with various procurement routes for building hospitality projects in the UAE and region, and be comfortable providing advice as to optimal route.
- Be able to perform the key stakeholder management skills in presenting to Client as required.
Role responsibilities include:
- Manage project staff effectively to ensure optimum performance, ensuring they are well supported and equipped to fulfil their roles and personal professional aspirations
- Uphold the values of the Company through your actions and assist to enforce Company standards at all times
- Demonstrate clear leadership
- Plan for and undertake annual performance reviews in line with business processes
- Create relationships with Client staff members
- Where required undertake interviews for potential project staff.
- Where required undertake key account management duties, and assist in client stakeholder mapping exercises.
- Receive and review detailed reports on the project from the design and site delivery team
- Establish formal reporting arrangements on project progress for the Client and Company
- Deliver report presentations to the Client
- Maintain up-to-date project detail sheets and resumes for the project team for use by the Company
- Lead and be responsible for both internal and external audits and QA/QC of all project deliverables
- Manage the relationships between all project stakeholders to facilitate effective communications and outcomes
- Manage the design team and site delivery team performance of delegated responsibilities
- Establish an effective and universal strategy to address major issues that may arise with the site delivery team
- Ensure the design team and site delivery team receives the necessary stakeholder decisions in a timely fashion
- Establish a mechanism to ensure collaborative problem solving with the site delivery team, which will involve regular dialogue with contractors, team working and risk-sharing
- Determine and manage risks that may affect the project in any way, particularly schedule, budget or quality/specifications
- Facilitate effective communication and action as sole point of contact between the client and site delivery team
- Implement an appropriate and effective project or programme management framework, incorporating necessary review processes as required
- Define and implement criteria for control and management of the project
- Co-ordinate and direct end-user/client input throughout the project lifecycle
- Appraise project options and submit to the client for approval
- Co-ordinate the value management strategy
- Manage project budget, including risk allowance
- Monitor and control changes/variations following approval by Client
- Monitor and manage other project consultants
- Produce and monitor scope of services for other consultants required on the project
- Produce and monitor scope of works, and extended tender packages, for purpose of contractor tenders
- Contribute to the strategic development and refinement of business systems implemented or reviewed by the Company from time to time
- Apply Company policies and procedures
- Provide timely and constructive feedback on systems so that improvements can be made continuously
- Undertake project financial reports, where requested or required.
The successful candidate should:
- Be degree qualified in an construction related subject;
- Be able to work as part of a team and show good teamwork skills;
- Be RICS/CIOB/ICE chartered or equivalent qualification;
- Have 15 years total experience
- Have 5 years Middle East experience as a minimum;
- Have 5 years experience in projects in the hospitality sector;
- Have previously led a hospitality project delivery in the Middle East;
- Previous experience of working with a contractor within the UAE is advantageous;
- Ideally currently based within the UAE;