Faithful+Gould is one of the world’s leading project and cost management consultancies operating at the forefront of the transport, property and industry sectors. Placing great emphasis on the training, development and progression of our staff, we’re dedicated to providing high quality professional services with cutting-edge expertise. Join us and you’ll benefit from a development programme designed to ensure your career objectives are met in full.
We are looking for a Senior Quantity Surveyor to join our successful commercial team based in Birmingham to work with our clients on a wide range of civil engineering projects across the region, nationally and internationally.
- You will be dealing with all aspects of pre and post contract cost management utilising traditional skills and the latest digital technology.
- With minimal supervision you will undertake cost estimating, preparation of tender documents and post contract administration, manage client relationships and service delivery on a project basis.
- You will be able to demonstrate a sound track record of service delivery in the consultancy field especially civil engineering.
- Experienced Quantity Surveyor who is a Chartered Member of the RICS.
- Extensive experience of civil engineering work possibly including but not limited to infrastructure, highways and transport in the consultancy sector.
- Commercially aware.
- You must demonstrate an ability to undertake measurement from drawings and prepare pre contract cost estimates and are likely to have some recent experience with a PQS.
- You will work well as part of a team and demonstrate good people management skills to support and mentor where required.
- You will have effective client interface skills and experience.
- You will have the necessary ambition and drive to deliver a high quality professional service.
You should possess a willingness to continue to develop your career through our structured training programme.
Faithful+Gould develops individuals through a portfolio of training and development courses designed to help you make the best of your abilities and talents. We provide a structured training scheme and endorse Continuous Professional Development Activities. Faithful+Gould are accredited Investors In People.
Right to work
The UK Government have taken steps to reduce net migration to the UK by limiting the number of overseas workers from outside the EEA coming to the UK for employment. Please note that whilst we are able to consider applications from overseas workers from outside the EEA (who require a Tier 2 (General) visa) we can only employ them if we can provide evidence that there are no other suitable candidates for this vacancy from inside the EEA.
Rewards and benefits
Faithful+Gould offer a comprehensive reward package including:
• 25 days annual leave per annum plus 8 days paid bank holidays per annum (pro-rata for part time staff or for part years worked)
• Employees in service at 1st April each year can buy up to 15 days or sell up to 5 days holiday
• Attractive pension scheme
• Employee Well Being Programme (EWP)
• Share incentive plan
• Life assurance scheme
• Professional membership fees paid
• Income Protection
• Personal accident cover
• Give as you earn scheme
• Health Club Membership & Leisure Discounts
• Discounted BUPA healthcare scheme
• Childcare vouchers
• IT related discounts
• Mobile phone discounts
To join a company that is as committed to diversity as it is to excellence click apply now.