The Stavros Niarchos Foundational Cultural Centre, the Osprey Quay at Portland Harbour, the United Airlines' new international departures lounge...these are just some of the amazing projects our Epsom Office at Faithful+Gould has provided a range of Cost Management services for. As an international company with a strong culture of progression, we're dedicated to providing cutting-edge expertise.
Due to business growth we are looking for an exceptional Senior Quantity Surveyor to join the Epsom office, which has a varied portfolio of clients and projects, both nationally and internationally, with a strong reputation for delivering high quality cost management services.
Some of the projects you will be working on are high profile and in excess of �5-10m capital value - this is a fantastic opportunity for an energetic individual with experience in the commercial and educational sectors to join a world-leading player in its field; in return we will provide the necessary support to develop your career to the next level at this world class consultancy.
Our Epsom office is set in a beautiful location, with fantastic travel links (whether you're travelling by car or public transport) and only 25 minutes train ride from London. The office's current client base covers a variety of different sectors, including education, aviation, property and infrastructure.
We will also be happy to accommodate flexible working for the right candidate - should you wish for example to split your location between Epsom and London.
As part of a FTSE 250 company (WS Atkins plc) with over 18,000 staff worldwide, and having been named the Construction Consultancy of the Year at the 2015 Building Awards, there is huge scope to drive forward your career.
We are looking for a Senior Quantity Surveyor to:
- Managing commercial aspects of commissions and/or projects including governance, fee management activities, together with internal job costings and resource requirements.
- Preparing fee proposals and bid submissions under guidance of senior colleagues.
- Manage the client relationship and service delivery on a project basis in conjunction with other colleagues
- Take the lead, setting the pace, and monitoring all work executed, at all stages to ensure that an accurate, professional and quality service is delivered to clients
- Play a key role in generating repeat business and new business opportunities/market opportunities
- Apply the principles of quality assurance and environmental management in compliance with the organisation's Policies
- Managing trainee, assistant and graduate colleagues, including undertaking performance and development reviews and mentoring/coaching less experienced colleagues
To join us you'll need:
- Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors membership or equivalent recognised institutional body.
- Thorough understanding of construction forms and techniques including construction costs, and ability to knowledgably advise the client.
- Strong customer management skills, including managing expectations.
- Ability to represent the company during bid interviews and strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Competent knowledge of a range of procurement options available in the industry.
- Good understanding of the principles of quality assurance.
- Good understanding of health, safety and environmental requirements applicable to the business and wider construction industry.
- Confident use of Microsoft Office and other role related software packages.
- Effective people management skills, including training and mentoring less experienced members of staff.
Our success is built on hiring and then developing the very best people. Our standards are high, as are the rewards for those who join our team. The opportunity to draw from international expertise and work on some of the most demanding and prestigious construction challenges around the globe ensures your career success - Join our team today.
Rewards and benefits
Faithful+Gould offer a comprehensive reward package including:
25 days annual leave per annum plus 8 days paid bank holidays per annum (pro-rata for part time staff or for part years worked)
Employees in service at 1st April each year can buy up to 15 days or sell up to 5 days holiday
Attractive pension scheme
Employee Well Being Programme (EWP)
Share incentive plan
Life assurance scheme
Professional membership fees paid
Personal accident cover
Give as you earn scheme
Health Club Membership & Leisure Discounts
Discounted BUPA healthcare scheme
IT related discounts
Mobile phone discounts