Due to continued growth at Atkins we are now looking for a Senior Quantity Surveyor to be part of our Transportation team, delivering on projects within the Transportation sector.Responsibilities
Atkins has a unique place in the UK Rail industry where we are both a major supplier to Network Rail on design and build signalling and communications contracts as well as being a multi-functional design engineer covering all the rail engineering disciplines either direct to the infrastructure owner or via a contractor.
Whilst rail experience is advantageous, we are interested in talking to candidates with the right construction industry and quantity surveying experience at this level, to be able to leverage and improve their skills and aptitude to achieve best in class commercial performance.
• Operate strategies to maximise project revenues and cash flow in Atkins favour
• Ensure timely submission of all contractual notices and supporting data including robust payment applications
• Lead the Change Control Process and seek early resolution of contract changes
• Prepare, submit and agree interim valuations
• Prepare, submit and agree Final account submissions
• Assist Commercial Manager and Project Manager with advice and contractual support for project issues
• Support the bidding process
• Liaise with project support functions such as finance, supply chain, risk and so on to ensure compliance with the company’s procedures and instructions, including all periodic reporting functions and GRN etc.
• Maintain adequate records in respect of project issues and commercial processes
• Support Project Cost Control Management ensuring variances between planned budget expenditure and incurred costs are identified and appropriate action taken to minimise costs and liabilities
• Internal and external commercial periodic reporting
• Manage subcontract procurement and accounts
• Ensure insurance issues are managed in accordance with procedures
• Appropriate Degree and/or other academic and/or professional qualification
• Significant experience in a Quantity Surveying role
• Experience of working in a Design and Build environment. Knowledge/experience of the rail industry is preferable though not essential.
• Customer facing experience with a “win-win” philosophy and “can-do” attitude
• Good communicator at all levels, able to promote development of Atkins profile
• Commensurate IT skills