The Transportation division with Atkins undertakes engineering design for the UK Rail Market, comprising numerous technical teams which formulate an Energy Systems Practice, within the overall Atkins organisation.
The M&E team undertakes all aspects of electrical and mechanical design in the Rail/Transportation environment including survey, design drawings and calculations, technical specifications and reports.
We are currently recruiting for a Senior Electrical Design Engineer to become a key member of the team and have a high level of competency to deliver M&E designs within the Rail sector. The design works will encompass building services for stations and depots and trackside schemes including signalling power supplies, points heating and level crossings. The post will also have a requirement to integrate with a team of engineers within the M&E Systems practice.
• Report directly to the M&E Systems Principal/Team Leader such that performance and productivity of the M&E team can be effectively monitored;
• Integrate with and support a team of Design Engineers who undertake electrical design work within a Rail/Transportation environment.
• Assist the M&E construction team with site related queries;
• Carry out site surveys and the preparation of design specifications to company and Network Rail standards which is considered an essential part of this role;
• Provide a leading role in terms of technical support/input in relation to the compilation of tender submissions by liaising with the respective Bid Manager.
• Undertake design checks and endorse accordingly, prior to design submissions being issued to the client.
• Rail experience in a technical design environment.
• Excellent understanding of BS7671 IEE Wiring Regulations
• HNC/HND/Degree Electrical/Electronic Engineering or equivalent
• Experience in a building services or other infrastructure environment would be an advantage
• Sound working knowledge of Microstation V8 or later versions would be required as would experience of Auto CAD to produce electrical engineering drawings.
• Working knowledge of Amtech Pro Design package and Dialux lighting design package is deemed essential;
• Experience in carrying out electrical testing to BS7671 (Earth Loop Impedance and Prospective Short Circuit Current measurements only) would be an advantage;
• The successful applicant will be a competent user of IT tools in particular Word, Excel and Outlook
We support flexible working and equal opportunities as we believe that diverse teams provide the best mix of interpersonal and technical skills needed to exceed our customers’ expectations.