As part of our regional growth plans, we are currently looking for a degree qualified and chartered experienced Senior Resident Engineer with a minimum of 25 years experience.
The Senior Resident Engineer will be a qualified professional with a minimum qualification of BSc, BEng, BA or equivalent, have Chartered status and more than 25 years experience with a minimum of 10 years being similar to this project/role, regional experience is preferred. The Senior Resident Engineer will possess a demonstrable track record in the delivery of large multi functional projects.
The Senior Resident Engineer will also be responsible for maintaining and enhancing Atkins reputation with our clients and developing effective long term client relationships thus identifying and developing new opportunities for the Group.
The Senior Resident Engineer will: -
- Report to the Construction and Supervision Manager and will be supported by the Resident Engineers, Site Engineers and Inspectors.
- Be responsible for ensuring that the section of works are constructed in accordance with the contract requirements.
- Check contractor’s submissions and shop drawings
- Respond to the contractor’s request for information
- Liaise with the Material Engineer on required testing and the test results all sections of the works.
- Liaise with the Construction and Supervision Manager, Resident Engineers and / or other authorities, contractors or consultants who interface with the project.
- Bring and share international Health & Safety best practices.
- Monitor site safety and liaise with the Safety Engineer
- Prepare and present progress reports.
- Ensure the timely planning and implementation of any traffic detours.
- Keep comprehensive records of works done and labour and plant returns
- Cost control and commercial management with the assistance from the commercial team.
- Liaise with the planning engineers to monitor progress and notify the Construction Supervision Manager of any potential delays.
- Ability to lead; be resilient and have a “can do” attitude whilst working under pressure
- Middle East and Qatar experience and an understanding of multicultural working would be an advantage.
Rewards & Benefits
We offer an excellent package which includes:
- A competitive salary
- Accommodation allowance;
- Transportation allowance;
- 26 calendar days annual leave (based on 6 day working week)
- Medical and life insurance cover;
- Company gratuity scheme;
- Discretionary bonus scheme;
- Annual flight allowance to point of origin
- Employee Well-Being Programme – 24 hour free advice on financial, legal and family care specialists and also access to personal health, fitness and nutrition consultants
Atkins has been established in the Gulf for over 40 years, having first carried out design and supervision commissions in the Gulf area in 1967. The regional head office (Dubai) was established in 1979.
We provide a full range of design, engineering and project management services for buildings, transportation and other infrastructure programmes
Atkins in the Middle East now employs around 2,000 staff serving Gulf clients across all market sectors from offices in Abu Dhabi, Al Ain, Doha, Dubai, Jeddah, Kuwait City, Manama, Muscat, Riyadh, Sharjah.