Senior Risk & Value Management Consultant
Are you looking for a new challenge to progress your career at a world leading project and programme management consultancy? Faithful+Gould is a leader in its field, operating at the forefront of the property, infrastructure, and industry sectors. Placing great emphasis on the training, development and progression of our staff, we’re dedicated to providing high quality professional services with cutting-edge expertise.
Due to continued success in securing projects in the West of England and Wales , we are looking for an exceptional Senior Risk and Value Management Consultant to join our highly successful office in Birmingham..
Our projects range in value from £20m+ to £20Bn+ with a variety of high profile clients giving our team a diverse and exciting workload across the infrastructure, transportation and industry sectors.
• Develop risk and value management approaches/systems for clients, incorporating best practice and procedures
• Deliver risk and value management services in a consistent, professional manner, exceeding client expectations
• Assist the Regional Head of Risk Management in the development of in-house project risk management processes, procedures and capability
• Assist the Regional Head of Risk Management in development of responses/plans to support bids and proposals
• Assist the Regional Head of Risk Management in business development of risk and value management services
• A recognised diploma or degree in an engineering discipline, in project/risk management or be qualified by experience
• A recognised Risk Management qualification
• A recognised qualification or training in Value Management would be desirable
• A background in the construction industry would be desirable
Detailed background in conduct of all aspects of project/programme risk management including:
o Initiating, developing and implementing risk management processes in low to medium complexity projects
o Facilitating workshops as part of the overall delivery of the risk management process
o Reporting of Qualitative Risk Analysis
o Undertaking Quantitative Risk Analysis including Schedule and Cost Risk Analysis
o Producing appropriate risk management reports from analysis to inform decision making
o Training/mentoring personnel to establish a risk management culture in an organisation
o Experience of delivering a range of Value Management studies including Value Engineering and Lessons Learned
o Experience of undertaking Function Analysis as part of a Value Management Study
• Practical use and knowledge of industry standard risk management tools such as ARM, Primavera Risk Analysis, @Risk, Predict! Software Suite
• A broad understanding of Project/Programme Management methodologies and tools such as Primavera P6/MS Project
• An ability to develop client relationships and generate business development opportunities in conjunction with the Regional Head of Risk Management
• An ability to work with limited supervision, both individually and as part of a team
• An ability to communicate clearly and concisely at all levels of a project/programme, written and verbal
• Flexibility on being office or client site based
Right to work
The UK Government have taken steps to reduce net migration to the UK by limiting the number of overseas workers from outside the EEA coming to the UK for employment. Please note that whilst we are able to consider applications from overseas workers from outside the EEA (who require a Tier 2 (General) visa) we can only employ them if we can provide evidence that there are no other suitable candidates for this vacancy from inside the EEA.
Rewards and benefits
Faithful+Gould offer a comprehensive reward package including:
• 25 days annual leave per annum plus 8 days paid bank holidays per annum (pro-rata for part time staff or for part years worked)
• Employees in service at 1st April each year can buy up to 15 days or sell up to 5 days holiday
• Attractive pension scheme
• Employee Well Being Programme (EWP)
• Share incentive plan
• Life assurance scheme
• Professional membership fees paid
• Income Protection
• Personal accident cover
• Give as you earn scheme
• Health Club Membership & Leisure Discounts Discounted BUPA healthcare scheme
• Childcare vouchers
• IT related discounts
• Mobile phone discounts
To join a company that is as committed to diversity as it is to excellence click apply now.
Faithful+Gould have been crowned Construction Consultant/ Surveyor of the year in the 2015 Building Awards! This is the second time in four years Faithful+Gould have won this prestigious title.