Atkins has been established in the Gulf for over 40 years, having first carried out design and supervision commissions in the Gulf area in 1967. The regional head office (Dubai) was established in 1979.
We provide a full range of design, engineering and project management services for buildings, transportation and other infrastructure programmes
Atkins in the Middle East now employs around 2,000 staff serving Gulf clients across all market sectors from offices in Abu Dhabi, Al Ain, Doha, Dubai, Jeddah, Kuwait City, Manama, Muscat, Riyadh, Sharjah.
As part of our regional growth plans, we are currently looking for an experienced Senior Site Engineer - Utilities
The Senior Site Engineer will be responsible for monitoring of the contractor’s site in accordance with the contract and maintaining standards of delivery including quality, health and safety in accordance with QCS 2010 and Atkins Quality Systems. The Senior Site Engineer will be responsible for interface with the contractor and represent Atkins at site related meetings working closely with other members of the site supervision team and reporting to the Resident Engineer.
The Senior Site Engineer - Utilities will be a qualified professional who must have a minimum qualification BSc, BEng, BA or equivalent, have Chartered status and more than ten years experience with five being similar to this project/role, regional experience is preferred
The Senior Site Engineer - Utilities will also be responsible for maintaining and enhancing Atkins reputation with our clients and developing effective long term client relationships thus identifying and developing new opportunities for the Group.
The Senior Site Engineer – Utilities will: -
- Report to the Resident Engineer-Utilities and will be assisted by the Utilities Inspector.
- Be responsible for ensuring that the Utilities sections of the works are constructed in accordance with the contract requirements.
- Check contractor’s submissions and shop drawings.
- Respond to contractor’s requests for information.
- Liaise with the Materials Engineer on required testing and the test results for the Roads section of the works.
- Ensure that the contractor liaises with the Utilities Authorities for the relocation of drainage and/or other authorities, contractors or consultants who interface with the project.
- Be proactive in ensuring the utility diversions do not cause any delays to the project
- Monitor site safety and liaise with the Safety Engineer.
- Prepare reports.
- Liaise with the Resident Engineer – Roads to ensure the timely planning and implementation of any traffic detours.
- Keep comprehensive records of works done and labour and plant returns.
- Assist the Planning Engineer to monitor progress and to notify the Senior Resident Engineer of any potential delays.
Atkins have been awarded a major infrastructure commission focusing on improving highways, drainage the urban environment for the community. Under our commission, our client, Qatar’s Public Works Authority (Ashghal), has tasked Atkins over the next 5 years with improving with infrastructure for the Doha West Area with a population of approx. 500,000 people and including some of Qatar’s highest profile localities.
Rewards & Benefits
We offer an excellent package which includes:
- A competitive salary
- Accommodation allowance;
- Transportation allowance;
- 26 calendar days annual leave (based on 6 day working week)
- Medical and life insurance cover;
- Company gratuity scheme;
- Discretionary bonus scheme;
- Annual flight allowance to point of origin
- Employee Well-Being Programme – 24 hour free advice on financial, legal and family care specialists and also access to personal health, fitness and nutrition consultants