We have been experiencing a period of sustained growth across various market sectors, including: cyber security, airports and water & industrial. We are primarily a project based business, providing technical consultancy and solutions predominantly to the UK market and are seeking the right individuals to join our growing team in Aldershot, Hampshire, UK.
We require a Senior .NET Software Developer for the development and deployment of enterprise applications, primarily in the airport sector.
Working within a dynamic team you will demonstrate a desire to be challenged and to contribute towards the success and growth of our business. In return we offer a rewarding role, career development, an empowered and supportive working environment and competitive reward package which includes the opportunity to purchase up to 15 days additional annual leave per year on top of our standard 25 days paid annual leave.
Atkins is ranked as one of ‘The Sunday Times 25 Best Big Companies to Work For’ and one of the ‘The Times Top 50 Employers for Women 2015’. We support flexible working and equal opportunities as we believe that diverse teams provide the best mix of interpersonal and technical skills needed to exceed our customers’ expectations
• Act as Senior Developer / Technical Lead reporting to the Solutions Architect and Software Development Manager
• Lead the specification, documentation and design of technical solutions
• Develop enterprise applications which integrate with other systems and hardware components
• Demonstrate the use of good problem solving skills and an enthusiasm for emerging technologies plus a willingness to embrace new skills
• Provide technical assistance and leadership to the other developers within the project team
• Be an excellent communicator both written and verbal, with colleagues and clients
• Support the deployment of solutions, including preparation and delivery of analysis, demonstrations, workshops, training and documentation
You will ideally be degree qualified (min 2:1) or equivalent, and have previous work experience in a technical or consulting environment and have:-
• Prior experience of developing Windows Forms, web and service applications in the Microsoft technology stack
• Solid development experience with C# with experience of C# 4.5 desirable
• Experience of working on enterprise applications with distributed architectures
• Experience of developing OO applications
• Solid SQL Server developer skills
• Experience of working across the full software development lifecycle
Desirable attributes include:
Experience of using 3rd party frameworks such as Spring and NHibernate
Experience of Entity Framework
Experience of developing WCF services, ASP.NET and MVC applications
Experience of system integration and developing against 3rd party SDKs / APIs
Experience of working within Agile methodolgies such as Scrum
Some work outside normal office hours may be necessary. Travel to and from client sites and/or temporary secondment to client’s offices overseas may also be required. Secondments to other offices overseas may be available.
Successful candidates will be required to undergo a security vetting process and offers of employment will be subject to relevant security clearance being granted