“The variation in projects is fantastic and there are always new challenges.” Pete, structural engineer
We are seeking Structural Engineers into our Building Design Practice in Epsom Surrey and London Euston.
When you join our Infrastructure division, you’ll get to see your ideas put into place on the design and engineering projects that keep the world turning. You’ll work with a growing team nationwide, who are all about making spaces and places work perfectly for people. Whether it’s an airport, transport interchange, university campus or the world’s first tidal lagoon, you’ll find that no project is too big or complex for us to handle.
You will have the opportunity to work with major clients on stimulating and high-profile projects both in the UK and abroad. As well as the role providing technical and creative challenges you will have the satisfaction of working on major projects which are changing the way people live and work today.
- Honours Degree in Civil or Structural Engineering (or equivalent)
- You must be Chartered (MIStructE or MICE)
- Proven experience on developing projects from concept to construction stage
- Experience of Structural Engineering Building Design and working on multi-discipline projects
- Established skill and delivery in the design of concrete, steel and preferably in timber and masonry structures, and be familiar with current design standards and working practices
- Practical experience of reinforced concrete design and RC detailing of reinforced concrete structures, to British Standards and preferably American codes
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Ability to manage and work to budget and programme, to control costs and manage change control processes
- A flexible attitude to both the type of work undertaken and the level of responsibility given
- Good working knowledge of relevant structural design software e.g. Robot, Staad Pro & Revit
- Delivering multiple projects or parts of larger projects to completion, within cost budget and to programme
- Ensuring the provision of efficient high quality structural engineering design
- Part of a team in contact with clients, contractors, design team and third parties
- Offer support and guidance to more junior members of the team
- Effectively manage own time which may be necessary if allocated to more than one project
- Working with CAD Technicians and design team to produce relevant structural information of the highest quality
- Build client relationships and help the business
We support flexible working and equal opportunities as we believe that diverse teams provide the best mix of interpersonal and technical skills needed to exceed our customers’ expectations.