Atkins has been providing infrastructure planning, engineering, construction management, environmental consulting, urban planning, architecture and design, and program management services to the Federal Government, public and private clients across the United States for more than 50 years.
Globally, Atkins is the largest UK-based engineering and design consultancy and one of the world’s largest design firms with nearly 18,000 employees worldwide. We have the depth and breadth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects and the urgent transition to a low-carbon economy.
Atkins seeks an energetic and highly motivated self-starter to join our Contracts and Procurement Group as a Senior Subcontracts Administrator.
The incumbent will be able to work out of one of our major hub offices which include; Calverton, MD, Alexandria, VA, Tampa or Orlando, FL.
Administration of all subcontract activities for one or more high value, complex, and/or critical projects ensuring subcontractors fully meet project, Atkins and Federal requirements. This includes coordination of NDA/TA documents, RFP/RFQ solicitation reviews, subcontractor sourcing, price proposal receipt and review, negotiations, correspondence, documentation, certification, and deliverables. Assist program/project managers with interpretation of applicable terms and conditions. Interface and collaborate with multiple functions (i.e., Finance, Accounts Payable, Project Controls, Safety, Quality Control, Legal) to ensure understanding, compliance and resolution of all contract related matters.
Duties and responsibilities of the job include, but not limited to:
• Exercises a high degree of independent judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining subcontract and business solutions. Requires a significant degree of analytical ability to understand and interpret complex data and solve complex problems
• Works with project management, reviews the performance, progress, and deliverables. Recommends corrective actions as necessary including secondary/alternative source development and timely resolution of payment and project disputes
• Preparation and administration of subcontracts, Master Subcontract Agreements (MSA), task orders and subsequent modifications consistent with client requirements, Federal regulations and Atkins policies/procedures
• Administers cradle to grave subcontracts as assigned to include identification of qualified subcontractors, preparing solicitations, evaluating subcontractor proposals, source selection, and awarding subcontracts
• Regularly interacts with customers, management (at all levels) and members of functional management with regard to acquisition requirements and issue resolution. Represents Subcontracts in interactions with senior management on a variety of subcontracting matters
• Performs such other duties as the supervisor may from time to time deem necessary
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or equivalent discipline, plus a minimum of eight (8) years relevant experience which must be related to subcontracts or general contracts administration for federal, state, local, and/or commercial contracts or an Associate’s degree with a minimum of fourteen (14) years of relevant experience.
• Must demonstrate familiarity and working knowledge of laws, statues, regulations, and requirements pertaining to subcontracts and/or contracts administration for one or more of the following contract types: federal, state, local, and/or commercial.
• Familiarity with Federal Acquisition Regulations requirements is required.
• Experience with multiple contract types (i.e., Time and Materials, Labor Hour, Unit Rate, Cost Reimbursable and Fixed Price) and performance-based contracting is required.
• Experience with Federal subcontract file documentation and CPSR requirements
• A broad knowledge of subcontracting activities typical to the engineering and construction industry is preferred.
• Ability understand contract plans and specifications, organize information, and effectively utilize PC and applicable software.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
• Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills, and be able to adapt to changing work efforts and manage shifting priorities
• Must be organized, detail oriented and demonstrate strong time management skills and be able to coordinate and prioritize multiple projects with limited supervision in a fast-paced environment
• Must be able to develop and maintain professional relationships with peers, subcontractors and project staff, and contribute to a professional work environment by demonstrating integrity, teamwork and a positive attitude
Contracting certifications from the NCMA or other professional contracting association desired.
Atkins offers its employees a robust rewards package which includes: a competitive salary; a broad benefits package including medical/RX, dental, vision, life, disability, legal, hospitalization and other valuable voluntary options; generous time-off programs; flexible work schedules; 401(k) with employer match; professional and career development opportunities through our corporate university, as well as a highly-regarded tuition reimbursement program; and an unmatched culture focused on client-service, quality, and tireless pursuit of excellence in all we do. Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.
Please view Atkins Equal Opportunity Statement here: