Atkins Transportation Division covers all aspects of multidisciplinary design and management from inception to options appraisal through to detailed scheme design and delivery support. Atkins is one of the UK’s leading multi-disciplinary consultancies engaged in numerous high profile projects for Clients in both the Public and Private Sector.
We are now looking to recruit additional staff to support our ongoing expansion of business opportunities in Northern Ireland and Scotland. With an increasing and diverse portfolio of highway and rail projects, Atkins is seeking a Senior Technician to be based in our Belfast Office.
• Production of AutoCAD drawings and Civils3D/MX models with minimal supervision;
• Provision of engineering input into the design solutions in the above;
• Plan and manage own workload through discussion with engineers;
• Ensure understanding of requirements being made by engineers;
• Ensure compliance with Health & Safety, environmental and managerial procedures; and
• Work towards professional qualifications (EngTech) and undertake training.
• Experience of the application of DMRB and MCHW;
• Working as part of a multidisciplinary team (transport planning, geotechnical and environmental) in the delivery of framework related projects and major projects
• Ability to produce complex AutoCAD derived Highway drawings
• Experience of using Vehicle Tracking (for example “AutoTrack”);
• Managing own time and programme delivering minor schemes with limited budgets and challenging programmes
• HNC in Civil Engineering
• Ability to produce, manipulate and interrogate MX and Civil3D models
• Ability to use KeySIGN and KeyPOST;
• Ability to use KeyLINES;
• Ability to use KeySIGNALS;
Applicants should be enthusiastic about highway design and interested in developing innovative solutions. Applicants should have the ability and interest in working on a diverse range of projects with support of colleagues. A strong client focus and a willingness and capacity to take ownership and find appropriate solutions to client challenges is important. Good organisational skills and the ability to communicate to others are necessary attributes.