We are currently looking for a qualified Traffic Engineer with a minimum of 10 years’ experience to join our Transport Planning Practice in the Middle East.
The candidate will be degree-qualified in a related professional field and ideally holding a Master’s qualification. Experience in leading and delivering transportation projects within a multi-disciplinary technical environment together with knowledge of Middle East and/or International Traffic Engineering and Transport Planning standards and practices is essential. Experience in Temporary Traffic Management and Transport modelling experience is considered an asset, report writing and presentation skills are essential. Experience in working with Contractors on Design and Build Schemes will be considered as an asset.
Duties & Responsibilities
This role requires leading and contributing to a variety of traffic engineering and transport planning studies, temporary traffic management plans, transport planning support for major Highway Design Work projects and large scale multi-modal transport master plan assessments, traffic impact studies or multi-disciplinary planning projects in the public and private sectors. This would involve the following responsibilities:
- Technical delivery and management of small, medium and large-scale transport planning and modelling assignments with minimal supervision;
- Working on development of Temporary Traffic Management Plans;
- Check drawings, calculations or output from analytical programs
- Working closely with Project Managers and other Atkins departmental staff to ensure timely completion of the necessary analysis, reports and plans as assigned;
- Preparing high-quality written reports and technical analyses with the ability to present outcomes to concerned parties;
- Advising the client and stakeholders on transportation matters;
- Representing the Transportation Team whilst interacting internal client, as well as external stakeholders / statutory authorities;
- Ensuring deliverables adhere to prevailing QA/QS and document management protocols; and
- Application of technical competencies, as well as sharing these with junior staff.
Atkins has been established in the Gulf for over 40 years, having first carried out design and supervision commissions in the Gulf area in 1967. The regional head office (Dubai) was established in 1979.
We provide a full range of design, engineering and project management services for buildings, transportation and other infrastructure programmes
Atkins in the Middle East now employs around 2,000 staff serving Gulf clients across all market sectors from offices in Abu Dhabi, Al Ain, Doha, Dubai, Jeddah, Kuwait City, Manama, Muscat, Riyadh, Sharjah.
- Must have a minimum of degree in transportation engineering and over ten years related professional work experience after university graduation;
- Experience in delivering traffic engineering and transportation projects within a multi-disciplinary technical environment;
- Competency in a range of transportation planning skills including temporary traffic management plans development, development planning principles, access control, functional planning, public transport issues, pedestrian and non-motorised transportation issues, and transport demand theory;
- Project experience in the Middle East and familiarity with local trends and traffic engineering practices and standards;
- Understanding of the outputs from transport modelling software such as VISUM, VISSIM, SIDRA, SYNCHRO, HCM.;
- Experience with transport assessment, preliminary highway design and a good appreciation of transport appraisal and modelling techniques;
- Experience in providing the appropriate junction analysis to assist traffic impact assessments;
- Experience in developing temporary traffic management and detour plans;
- Excellent communication in written and spoken English;
- Experienced in project/financial management;
- Experience in giving technical presentations to diverse and non-technical audiences;
- Advanced skills and competence with Microsoft Office software including Excel, Word and PowerPoint;
- Familiarity with electronic document management and quality assurance systems;
- Project management and commercial competence;
- Must be willing to travel internationally.
- Previous Middle East or Gulf experience, and familiarity with local trends, traffic engineering and transport planning practices and standards including securing approvals from statutory authorities; and
- Capable of communicating in Arabic effectively, both written and spoken.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills, such as high competency in listening and communicating;
- High attention to detail and eye for technical excellence;
- A positive attitude that focuses on improving team work and co-operation at all times;
- Good communication skills, oral and written, including presentation competency;
- Ability to work without excessive supervision;
- Ability for self-checking & correction of work;
- A team player.
Rewards & Benefits
- We offer an excellent package which includes:
- A competitive salary
- Comprehensive allowance
- Transportation allowance
- Medical and life insurance cover
- Company gratuity scheme
- Mobilisation and demobilisation to point of origin.
- Employee Well-Being Programme – 24 hour free advice on financial, legal and family care specialists and also access to personal health, fitness and nutrition consultants
Apply and the Process:
We are currently looking for Senior Traffic Engineer for our Atkins business. We are in the process of shortlisting the candidates and will advise you on your status by the end 25th April 2017.