We are currently looking for a qualified Transport Planner with 10 years’ experience to join our Strategic Transport Planning Business in the Middle East.
The candidate will be degree-qualified in a related professional field and ideally holding a Master’s qualification. Experience in leading and delivering transportation projects within a multi-disciplinary technical environment together with knowledge of Middle East and/or International Transport Planning standards and practices is essential. Transport modelling experience is considered an asset, report writing and presentation skills are essential.
- Degree qualified in relevant field
- MSc and / or chartered status
Duties & Responsibilities
This role requires leading and contributing to a variety of transport planning and modelling studies including large scale multi-modal transport master plan assessments, traffic impact studies or multi-disciplinary planning projects in the public and private sectors. This would involve the following responsibilities:
- Technical delivery and management of small, medium and large-scale transport planning and modelling assignments with minimal supervision;
- Working closely with Project Managers and other Atkins departmental staff to ensure timely completion of the necessary analysis, reports and plans as assigned;
- Preparing high-quality written reports and technical analyses with the ability to present outcomes to concerned parties;
- Advising the client and stakeholders on transportation matters;
- Representing the Transportation Team whilst interacting internal client, as well as external stakeholders / statutory authorities;
- Ensuring deliverables adhere to prevailing QA/QS and document management protocols; and
- Application of technical competencies, as well as sharing these with junior staff.
- Must have a minimum of degree in planning or transportation and over five years related professional work experience after university graduation;
- Experience in delivering transportation projects within a multi-disciplinary technical environment;
- Competency in a range of transportation planning skills including development planning principles, access control, functional planning, public transport issues, temporary traffic management, pedestrian and non-motorised transportation issues, and transport demand theory;
- Project experience in the Middle East and familiarity with local trends and transport planning practices and standards;
- Experience with transport assessment, preliminary highway design and a good appreciation of transport appraisal and modelling techniques;
- Practical understanding of the role and importance of transport planning in development access, citywide mobility and assisting people’s needs;
- Experience in providing the appropriate junction analysis to assist traffic impact assessments;
- Excellent communication in written and spoken English;
- Experienced in project/financial management;
- Experience in giving technical presentations to diverse and non-technical audiences;
- Advanced skills and competence with Microsoft Office software including Excel, Word and PowerPoint;
- Familiarity with electronic document management and quality assurance systems;
- Project management and commercial competence;
- Must be willing to travel internationally.
- Previous Middle East or Gulf experience, and familiarity with local trends and transport planning practices and standards including securing approvals from statutory authorities;
- Capable of communicating in Arabic effectively, both written and spoken; and
- Capable of using modelling software such as VISUM, VISSIM, SIDRA, SYNCHRO, HCM.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills, such as high competency in listening and communicating;
- High attention to detail and eye for technical excellence;
- A positive attitude that focuses on improving team work and co-operation at all times;
- Good communication skills, oral and written, including presentation competency;
- Ability to work without excessive supervision;
- Ability for self-checking & correction of work;
- A team player.
Rewards & Benefits
We offer an excellent package which includes:
- A competitive salary
- Accommodation allowance
- Transportation allowance
- Medical and life insurance cover
- Company gratuity scheme
- Mobilisation and demobilisation to point of origin.
- Employee Well-Being Programme – 24 hour free advice on financial, legal and family care specialists and also access to personal health, fitness and nutrition consultants