As one of the world's leading transport planning and highway engineering consultancies, the Transportation division of Atkins works with national and local governments, highways authorities, private developers and agencies worldwide to help clients develop our future cities and infrastructure.
Join our Cities, Space and Development Planning team in Transportation Consultancy and your transport planning creativity and technical skills will transform projects. Collaborating with specialists from across our business as part of multidisciplinary teams, you’ll work on flagship regeneration, site expansion and development projects. Making the most of your transport planning and development skills, you’ll create streetscapes, secure developers planning approval and deliver sustainable and accessible developments. If you can present your ideas and build strong customer relationships – you’ll enjoy influencing mixed use developments, housing communities, airports, schools, sustainable transport, public realm schemes and more.
Based in our busy and friendly Birmingham office, the successful applicant will work as part of our national Cities, Space and Development Planning team, which deals with all aspects of land development and sustainable transport. You will be responsible for the technical delivery of projects, including:
• Development Planning - Transport Statements and Transport Assessments, including junction modelling;
• The preparation, delivery and monitoring of Travel Plans and Sustainable Access Strategies;
• The delivery of local sustainable transport funded projects;
• Public realm, space planning and masterplanning; and
• Transport Development Management support.
Our busy Midlands’ team is currently delivering an interesting and varied portfolio of project work, ranging from planning advice in support of residential, commercial, mixed use, university developments, to development proposals for important new transport interchanges. We are also delivering an interesting portfolio of Travel Demand Management and sustainable transport projects. We work in multi-disciplinary teams, bringing together technical expertise from many disciplines to deliver the best solution for our clients.
Our Birmingham office provides a great working environment in the heart of the vibrant city centre.
• Appropriate academic and professional qualifications (Degree qualified in a relevant planning discipline, for example, urban planning, transport planning).
• Experience of working in a Transport Planning Consultancy.
• Technical competency in areas of Development Planning work including Transport Assessments and Statements, junction modelling and preliminary design, Travel Planning, Travel Demand Management, travel behavioural change and transport chapters of environmental impact assessments.
• Excellent report writing, other written and numerical presentation skills.
• Strong communicator, both within Atkins’ teams and when in a client environment.
• Excellent team player when working in multidisciplinary project teams.
• Results focussed, ensuring that projects are delivered successfully.
• Able to develop good relationships with internal clients and external developers, agents and architects.
• Analytical, able to gain an appreciation of technical issues.
Here at Atkins we really invest in the career progression of our employees, so join us and we’ll value you for going above and beyond to exceed customer expectations. We offer great opportunities to broaden your horizons and you can look forward to an excellent rewards package.
We support flexible working and equal opportunities as we believe that diverse teams provide the best mix of interpersonal and technical skills needed to exceed our customers’ expectations.