We are looking to recruit a senior and qualified Pedestrian Planner into the Consultancy Services practice of our newly created Transportation division to provide overall direction to the team for our work in London. By being the link between urban design and transport planning, our Pedestrian, Cycling and Space Planning Sector provides a range of niche services from wayfinding and signage, through to modelling, strategy and design as well as more general pedestrian planning.
Recent projects include:
Hackney Wick Fish Island connectivity study
West Thurrock Way accessibility improvements
Doha Metro station sizing
TfL Cycle Superhighway pedestrian and cycle surveys
Gunnersbury Park pedestrian and cycle surveys
Oxford cycle design and stakeholder engagement
Hampshire wayfinding project
You will lead, manage and work on a variety of pedestrian modelling and pedestrian planning schemes of varying scope and scale for both public and private sector Clients. Extensive knowledge and experience of various pedestrian modelling / planning techniques, both dynamic and static is essential.
- Appropriate academic and professional qualifications (Degree qualified in a relevant discipline).
- Experience in the analysis of ped movement as part of wider transport or public realm studies.
- Experience in a range of transport and specifically pedestrian planning techniques e.g. analysing and presenting pedestrian movement, planning of pedestrian / cycling schemes, survey techniques / strategy development.
- Experience and skilled in the management of small technical teams, particularly in pedestrian movement / cycle planning and feasibility.
- Experience of client / stakeholder management at a senior level.
- Evidence of project direction and senior project management within pedestrian planning environments.
- Experience of the project acquisition process, including leading and preparing technical bid submissions and costings
Join us and we’ll value you for exceeding customer expectations and delivering innovative solutions nobody else can. After all, we can’t achieve great things without you. So, you can look forward to an excellent rewards package. As this role is ideal for flexible working, we can also offer you a variety of different options to help you work where and when you work the best.