been providing infrastructure planning, engineering, construction,
environmental consulting, urban planning, architecture, and program management
services to public and private clients across the United States for more than
50 years. Atkins is one of the world’s most respected design, engineering and
project management consultancies. We build long-term trusted partnerships to
create a world where lives are enriched through the implementation of our
ideas. We have the depth and breadth of expertise to respond to the most
technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects and the
urgent transition to a low-carbon economy.
At Atkins, we
offer our employees more than just a job; we offer an opportunity to shape the
world for generations to come through innovative and sound design. As the
official engineer of the 2012 London Olympics, few companies can rival the size
and diversity of our projects. Whether it’s the concept for a new skyscraper,
the upgrade of a rail network, the modeling of a flood defense system or the
improvement of a management process, we
plan, design and enable solutions.
an energetic, highly motivated, detail-oriented, self-starter to join our Atlanta, GA staff as a Senior Engineer I-Program Management with a minimum of five years of experience.
Primary duties will be to perform in the role of project liaison on transportation
design projects for local government and municipal clients. Other duties may
also involve performing in a project management or assistant project management
role on in house transportation design projects for clients such as the Georgia
Department of Transportation and local government transportation projects.
Job duties pertaining to program management functions will include but
not be limited to:
- Managing project schedules
- Managing project budgets
- Overseeing design consultants
- Plan reviews
- Invoice reviews
- Direct communications with stakeholders (including agencies)
- Providing status reports to clients
- Attending project meetings
- Multi-tasking while managing multiple projects at a time
- Coordinating with land acquisition and construction management
Job duties pertaining to in-house transportation design projects will
- Oversight of transportation design project production activities
- Hands on design capabilities including use of MicroStation / InRoads is
- Production staff oversight and direction
- A minimum of five years in related role
- Knowledge of GDOT Plan Development
process (PDP) preferred
of federal process a must
- P.E. license is preferred
- Must possess strong and excellent
- Good technical writing, computer, and communications skills
- May be eligible to receive project management training
Bachelor’s or Master’s in Engineering.
its employees a robust rewards package which includes: a competitive salary; a
broad benefits package including medical/RX, dental, vision, life, disability,
legal, hospitalization and other valuable voluntary options; generous time-off
programs; flexible work schedules; 401(k) with employer match; professional and
career development opportunities through our corporate university, as well as a
highly-regarded tuition reimbursement program; and an unmatched culture focused
on client-service, quality, and tireless pursuit of excellence in all we do.
Atkins is an EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability employer committed to
diversity in the workplace. Atkins is a drug free workplace.
Please view Atkins Equal Opportunity Statement