We have an opportunity for a Unity Developer to join our talented team. Our in-house Creative Design team, based in key locations throughout the UK, consists of 50+ talented designers, developers and visualisers who provide a professional visual communication service to its 18,000 employees throughout the UK and worldwide.
The successful candidate will be working to develop a suite of virtual and augmented reality applications for the engineering and architecture industry that help visualize public consultations, infrastructure projects, architecture and large engineering objects directly from the BIM compliant models that our company produces.
You’ll have an understanding of hardware and system limitations, and be prepared to think laterally about how to achieve awesome performance and visuals. Being part of a multi-discipline team we’ll also encourage you to keep abreast of technologies outside your area, and encourage you to share your own expertise with the rest of the team.
- With strong Unity programming skills using C#, you will work closely with other team members to implement core features front-end and back-end.
- Have good working knowledge of unity scripting, engine, API have a good understand of UX, UI, and Third parties plugins.
- You will implement, debug and refine core features. Collaborate effectively with a small, high energy team of artists and developers.
- Exhibit a strong grasp of Unity development for cross-platform deployment.
- Have a high sense of quality and polish.
- Be able to prototype, test and implement new features quickly.
- Providing accurate predicted timings for tasks and complete them on time.
- Create clean, functional and reusable code base.
- A Strong knowledge of the Unity game engine, coding in C# and object orientated programming.
- Excellent programming skills in Unity & C#, understanding of OOP and coding best practices
- Experience building through Xcode and knows the limitations for the platforms you are developing for (especially mobile).
- Strong maths skills.
- Knowledge of 3D file formats, concepts and techniques.
- Experience with mobile SDKs (Android & iOS) and frameworks
- Understanding of client / server communication and data serialisation
- Understanding of 2D and 3D animation principles
- Experience with Qualcomm Vuforia Augmented reality platform
- Knowledge of BIM applications such as Autodesk Inventor, Revit and Civil 3D
- Familiarity Oculus Rift/Vive/Hololens
- Experience using source control systems such as GIT
- Familiar with Agile Sprints and Scrums.
When applying, please upload a CV and portfolio or details of URLs to support your application as your application cannot be considered without the supporting information.