Atkins is one of the world’s most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. We build long-term trusted partnerships to create a world where lives are enriched through the implementation of our ideas.
Our Networks & Drainage Engineering team is one of the largest in the UK with clients that include utility companies, local authorities, MOD and independent businesses. We are therefore currently seeking a Senior Water Network Modeller to join our team based in Epsom.
You’ll have extensive post graduate experience, due to the nature of the role you must have a sound knowledge of clean water modelling packages and experience in the design of solutions that improve water infrastructure systems. You’ll be capable of working at a senior engineer level working to technical, programme and budget requirements.
Education and Professional Qualifications
• Degree in Engineering (BSc or MSc in Civil Engineering)
• Full Member of an appropriate professional institution (MICE and/or CIWEM)
• Chartered or near to Chartered Status (CEng, CEnv or relevant other)
Experience in following areas would also be advantageous: -
• Clean water modelling packages such as InfoWorks WS, InfoWater and EPANET
• Using hydraulic models for planning and operational purposes
• Management and coordination of field testing required for model validation and calibration
• Working knowledge of GIS packages e.g. MapInfo and / or ArcGIS
• Experience in the design of solutions that improve water infrastructure systems
• Full UK driving licence
• Delivery of projects as part of a team as well as on individual assignments as required
• Investigation and resolution of water infrastructure issues through the development of design solutions
• Interacting with Clients and other stakeholders during face to face meetings
• Team development and overall Network Modelling capabilities
• Data analysis and anomaly identification
• Technical report writing
• Proactive commitment to Health and Safety.
Shaping the future of networks and drainage - this is our challenge. Join us in the Water, Ground & Environment business and you’ll work with a variety of colleagues and clients to create innovative solutions to challenging projects. We’ll value you for going beyond to exceed customer expectations and deliver solutions by continuously developing your technical and managerial skills.
We welcome the opportunity to discuss a flexible working pattern for this vacancy. For roles advertised under the category of flexible working we would encourage you to explore the flexible working options we are able to offer during the interview process.
Reward & Benefits
Please refer to our website for details of our full benefits package.