Atkins are looking to build on their current, experienced CBI data team based in Birmingham, UK.
The Birmingham team specialise in CBI technology, primarily:
- VHLC level crossing controllers
- ElectrologIXs interlocking / level crossing controllers
- Frauscher Axle Counter Data
- Control tables
Please note that the salary banding for the role is between £37000 and £47000 depending on experience.
Please note the closing date for applications is midnight on 10th April 2017.
The role will be based in Birmingham.
Atkins undertake design from early grip stage development of above, through to commissioning and handback. Supported in the Birmingham office by the latest design and offsite testing tools and simulators.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for an IRSE licensed signalling verifier, to join our team and work with us on delivering some of the most challenging and interesting projects within the UK rail market. The individual will be expected to design interlocking’s as above, from inception, through to commissioning. They will also take the lead in the data assurance and scheme management of the above, in the role of a signalling design data manager, usually reporting to the overall signalling design manager for the project.
Atkins has one of the Rail industry’s largest signalling design teams so you will be joining a team of professional signalling design engineers, with a collective depth and breadth of knowledge that can support and nurture your development as your career moves forward and you tackle new challenges.
So if you are ready to take your career to the next level, and wish to join a professional team, committed to technical integrity, innovation and development of its people, then contact us today.
We are currently looking for a Signalling Design Engineer, specialising in CBI technology, to be based in our Birmingham office to support the Head of Signalling Design and to be a leader of our interlocking design teams.
- Able to carry out Safety Critical Work
- UK Signalling Principle Design Engineer skills including knowledge of standards, procedures and CAD
- Extensive experience of UK signalling design at both outline design (NR GRIP3 to 4) and detailed design (NR GRIP5+) levels
- Experience of bidding, planning, resource and line management
- Experience or capability of undertaking RDE / CRE (Signalling Design) responsibilities
- IRSE Licences: Signalling Design Verifier 1.1.160 and supporting licences
- Smartlock knowledge, and ability to take on the scheme data manager role
- Qualification(s) in Electrical Engineering or similar
- Passed IRSE Examination (desirable)
- IRSE workplace assessor or working towards assessor qualifications
- Chartered Engineer or working towards (desirable)
- Fit and able to work trackside / hold PTS
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work closely with team members located in different offices including excellent standard of English for written communications
- Ability to communicate complex technical information to people without detailed knowledge of railway signalling systems
- Ability to manage time efficiently and prioritise duties
- Review and propose products that would align with client requirements.
- Produce design specifications and detailed requirements documentation.
- Produce materials ordering lists.
- Prepare detailed working designs for interlocking’s / LC controllers as above.
- Verify detailed working designs for interlocking’s / LC controllers as above.
- Be responsible for design through construction and testing phases, managing modifications as required to ensure the efficiency and performance of these designs.
- Manage and lead team(s) engaged in the preparation, production and verification of interlocking designs, reporting to the overall signalling design manager.
- Responsible for the signalling design delivery of the interlocking side of a project, to comply with client requirements, market requirements, company procedures, meeting all operational, technical and safety principles and successfully delivering to budget and programme.
- Attending meetings and technical liaison with colleagues, clients and contractors, providing technical consultancy services.
- Leading interlocking sub-contract tenders as required.
- Line management of staff.
- Mentoring, support, guidance and development of all staff.
- Undertaking design office cover during commissioning periods, including bank holidays and weekends.
- Highly motivated self starter and flexible
- Collaborative team player, focused on results
- Thorough and disciplined
- Excellent communicator
- Extensive experience of UK signalling design
Atkins develops individuals through a portfolio of training and development activities to help you make the best of your abilities and talents. These are reviewed with individuals through an annual appraisal process. We actively support staff in achieving corporate membership of relevant institutions.
Reward and Benefits
Please refer to our website for details of our full benefits package.
We support flexible working and equal opportunities as we believe that diverse teams provide the best mix of interpersonal and technical skills needed to exceed our customers’ expectations.