Atkins have recently defined a “One Atkins 2020” Organisational strategy. To support this strategy, IS have defined an operating model for 2020 to revolutionise the way IS is provided to the organisation, moving from a BAU focus to a Business Value driven organisation.
Key concepts include: Moving to digital products, adopting agile across the organisation, leveraging cloud, and focus on supporting bid and delivery.
The Software Asset Management Administrator will be engaged with the end to end software lifecycle including: procurement, maintenance, and utilization of software applications.
The role will support the Software Asset Team Manager in providing a global process across all regions.
- Provide input to the Software Asset Management life cycle; including analysing and redesigning Software Asset Management processes, software requests, license pooling/checks, and deployment
- Maintain the catalogue and cost management processes for all software assets
- Maintain all cost models relating to software assets
- Support the integration of the License Management Tool (and surrounding processes), with the IS delivery systems and services
- Raise and manage software purchasing orders through their lifecycle (including ‘Goods Receipting’)
- Verify supplier invoices against purchase orders
- Liaise with suppliers to request quotes (and maintain appropriate supplier records)
- Identify and advise management and technical teams on license entitlements derived from software deployed
- Support the “Audit, Risk and Compliance” function team through the regular audit process
- Provide report information on software/licence counts, metrics and usage, as well as provide input on terms that impact licensing
- Maintain the license inventory and perform software harvesting based on usage
- Assist with license related questions/issues
- Ensure 100% customer satisfaction and client focus
- Manage incidents and requests according to defined SLAs - ensure 100% adherence to RFS & INC Best Practice guidelines
- Update, formalise and review processes defined in the IS Business Management System
- Experience of working within ITIL aligned Service Management organisation and within Software Asset Management
- High level of proficiency and knowledge of IT Asset Management and enterprise procurement processes
- Experience of implementing process change
- Excellent analytical and communication (both verbal and written) skills
- Proven experience of data analysis and good numeracy, analytical and reporting skills
Qualification in Software Asset Management
Working knowledge of Service Now
Supplier relationship experience
ITIL V3 Foundation Accreditation
Competencies specific for this role (if different to the Atkins generic competencies listed below)
IT Service Management expertise
Confidence and professionalism
Behavioral Competencies (these are relevant for all roles in GIS & to be evidenced through examples at interview)
We use our curiosity, innovation and creativity to solve problems in cool ways
We seek out opportunities, and really listen to our customers’ problems
We work together in a dynamic and agile way to make change happen quickly
We’re experimenters …
We’re not afraid to try different ways of doing things
We’re champions for new ideas and tools
Building close, trusted partnerships really matters to us
We share our knowledge and work in a collaborative ways, joining together for the best results
Additional Information and Benefits
to other company sites may be necessary.
working options may be considered for this vacancy.
- Please refer to our website for full details
of our benefits package, which includes the opportunity to purchase up to
15 days additional annual leave per year on top of our standard 25 days
paid annual leave.
- Atkins develops our employees through a
portfolio of training and development activities designed to help you make
the best of your abilities and talents. We encourage participation in all
forms of training and have a programme of in-house and well as external
training for all of our engineers.
Atkins is ranked as one of ‘The Sunday Times 25
Best Big Companies to Work For’ and as one of the ‘The Times Top 50 Employers
for Women 2015’. We support flexible working and equal opportunities as we
believe that diverse teams provide the best mix of interpersonal and technical
skills needed to exceed our customers’ expectations. Our commitment to
staff development is underpinned by numerous stable and long-term framework
agreements with key clients.
We are one of the world’s foremost engineering and
design consultancies, operating in most regions of the world, and in virtually
every market. Choosing to work for Atkins will provide you with the
opportunity to engage on some of the most exciting engineering challenges of
our time. Together with our rewarding and flexible packages, you’ll have the
perfect balance to bring your personal and career goals to fruition.