Atkins is one of the world’s most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. We build long-term trusted partnerships to create a world where lives are enriched through the implementation of our ideas.
Public and private clients face myriad challenges – aging infrastructure, smart growth, lack of funding and limited staff. As a leader in sustainable design and construction, we take an integrated, innovative approach to help tackle those challenges.
We work together across an international network of offices. This means that wherever in the world a project is being delivered, our clients benefit from industry-leading expertise, as well as a dedicated local contact. We understand the importance of having deep roots in the community; knowing and understanding local requirements, practices and culture. This allows us to be true collaborative partners with our clients, so that together, we can tackle complex projects and enhance communities throughout the U.S. and around the world.
If you've set your heart on working for a company who values passion, doing the right thing, putting clients first and working collaboratively to provide excellence in all they do, then you've come to the right place.
The Atkins Construction Management Group is seeking a highly motivated, detail oriented, self-starter to join our Tupelo, MS office as a Sr Field Inspector.
- Under general supervision, researches and interprets contract requirements to determine whether construction work is proceeding in substantial compliance with plans, contracts, specifications and special provisions.
- Incumbents do not supervise any contractors' activities and are not responsible for job site safety.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
- Reads contract plans, specifications, shop drawings, and regulatory agency manuals.
- Observes construction work such as trench excavation, pipe placement, backfill operations, pile driving, structure placement, steel reinforcement, concrete pouring, signalization and lighting, etc.
- Performs density and asphalt tests; samples and verifies certification of materials.
- Reviews shop drawings within limited area of expertise; logs and reports materials and work.
- Assists in directing the daily activities of less experienced staff.
- Performs such other duties as the supervisor may from time to time deem necessary.
- High school diploma (or equivalent) plus ten years related experience OR an Associates Degree in a related technical field plus eight years related experience is required.
- Good oral communications skills and ability to organize information. Math computation skills and understanding of contract plans and specifications.
- May be required to obtain certification in nuclear density, aggregate, concrete and asphalt testing or other applicable areas.
- NACE Certification is required
Atkins offers its employees a robust rewards package which includes: a competitive salary; a broad benefits package including medical/RX, dental, vision, life, disability, legal, hospitalization and other valuable voluntary options; generous time-off programs; flexible work schedules; 401(k) with employer match; professional and career development opportunities through our corporate university, as well as a highly-regarded tuition reimbursement program; and an unmatched culture focused on client-service, quality, and tireless pursuit of excellence in all we do. Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.
Please view Atkins Equal Opportunity Statement by clicking the following link: