Atkins has been providing infrastructure planning, engineering, construction, environmental consulting, urban planning, architecture, and program management services to public and private clients across the United States for more than 50 years.
Globally, Atkins is the largest UK-based engineering and design consultancy and one of the world's largest design firms with nearly 18,000 employees worldwide. We have the depth and breadth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects and the urgent transition to a low-carbon economy.
Atkins seeks an energetic and highly motivated self-starter to join our Raleigh Transportation NEPA Group as a Sr. NEPA Planner/Project Manager.
Atkins is currently seeking a senior level NEPA Planner/Project Manager to join our rapidly expanding NEPA Transportation group in our Raleigh, North Carolina office. The ideal candidate for this position will apply their NEPA and state and federal regulatory knowledge towards the assessment of transportation projects, along with preparation of environmental documents (Categorical Exclusions, Environmental Assessments/FONSIs and Environmental Impact Statements).
Typical duties and responsibilities of this position will include:
• Evaluation of impacts from transportation and planning projects on the built, cultural and natural environment;
• Coordination with design professionals and overall project team to identify opportunities for avoiding and minimizing potential impacts;
• Perform field investigations of projects including land use and community resources;
• Gather and analyze data related to indirect and cumulative impacts, environmental justice and community impacts;
• Public involvement and outreach activities;
• Preparing NEPA documentation for transportation projects;
• Internal and external project management duties commiserate with job complexity.
The appropriately qualified candidate for this position will have the following core competencies and required experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in Planning, Engineering, or a related field;
• 10 to 12+ years of experience with a demonstrated working knowledge of NEPA, including community impact analysis, environmental justice and indirect and cumulative effects;
• Prior project management experience;
• Aptitude for maintaining a professional attitude and attention to detail while working alone and within a team environment;
• Excellent technical writing and verbal communication skills with clients and colleagues;
• Strong organizational, task and time management, deductive reasoning, and analytical skills;
• Proficiency with the MS Office suite of software.
PE License or AICP certification desired but not required.
Preference will be given to candidates that have the following skills and/or experience:
• Similar environmental consultation experience related to NCDOT;
• Lead NEPA and/or team lead role;
•Traffic noise modeling experience using TNM 2.5;
• Transit experience.
Atkins offers its employees a robust rewards package which includes: a competitive salary; a broad benefits package including medical/RX, dental, vision, life, disability, legal, hospitalization and other valuable voluntary options; generous time-off programs; flexible work schedules; 401(k) with employer match; professional and career development opportunities through our corporate university, as well as a highly-regarded tuition reimbursement program; and an unmatched culture focused on client-service, quality, and tireless pursuit of excellence in all we do. Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.
Please view Atkins Equal Opportunity Statement.