Atkins has been providing infrastructure planning, engineering, construction, environmental consulting, urban planning, architecture, and program management services to public and private clients across the United States for more than 50 years.
Globally, Atkins is the largest UK-based engineering and design consultancy and one of the world's largest design firms with nearly 18,000 employees worldwide. We have the depth and breadth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects and the urgent transition to a low-carbon economy.
Atkins is currently seeking a Sr. NEPA Planner to join our rapidly expanding NEPA Transportation group in Atlanta, Georgia. This position would require the candidate to serve as an extension of staff to a major client and the candidate would be embedded part-time at the client office in Midtown Atlanta. The ideal candidate for this position will apply their NEPA and state and federal regulatory knowledge toward the assessment of transportation projects, along with preparation and review of NEPA documents.
- Monitor and update project schedules for assigned projects which includes a list of all required documentation and permits, prioritized by project baseline schedules;
- Provide project status updates at meetings and via tracking database;
- Review of NEPA documents;
- Lead PIOH and PHOH dry run meetings, coordinate materials for website
- Evaluation of impacts from transportation projects on the built, cultural and natural environment;
- Coordination with design professionals and overall project team to identify opportunities for avoiding and minimizing potential impacts;
- Perform field investigations of projects including land use and community resources;
- Gather and analyze data related to indirect and cumulative impacts, environmental justice and community impacts;
- Assisting with public involvement and outreach activities;
- Preparing NEPA/GEPA documentation for transportation projects.
Bachelor's or Master's degree in Planning or related field. This level may be achieved by Planners with five years experience since Bachelor's or four years since Master's. Typical incumbent has 6-7 years experience.
- Aptitude for maintaining a professional attitude and attention to detail while working alone and within a team environment
- Excellent technical writing and verbal communication skills with clients and colleagues
- Strong organizational, task and time management, deductive reasoning, and analytical skills
- Proficiency with the MS Office suite of software
- Similar environmental consultation experience related to GDOT and/or other linear projects (including projects with federal and state funding)
- Experience with review and interpretation of construction plans
AICP certification preferred.
Atkins offers its employees a robust rewards package which includes: a competitive salary; a broad benefits package including medical/RX, dental, vision, life, disability, legal, hospitalization and other valuable voluntary options; generous time-off programs; flexible work schedules; 401(k) with employer match; professional and career development opportunities through our corporate university, as well as a highly-regarded tuition reimbursement program; and an unmatched culture focused on client-service, quality, and tireless pursuit of excellence in all we do. Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.
Please view Atkins Equal Opportunity Statement here: http://axis.na.atkinsglobal.com/na/aboutus/CorporateAdministration/Documents/EEO_Statement.pdf