Atkins has been providing infrastructure planning, engineering, construction, environmental consulting, urban planning, architecture, and program management services to public and private clients across the United States for more than 50 years. Atkins is one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. We build long-term trusted partnerships to create a world where lives are enriched through the implementation of our ideas. We have the depth and breadth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects and the urgent transition to a low-carbon economy.
At Atkins, we offer our employees more than just a job; we offer an opportunity to shape the world for generations to come through innovative and sound design. As the official engineer of the 2012 London Olympics, few companies can rival the size and diversity of our projects. Whether it's the concept for a new skyscraper, the upgrade of a rail network, the modeling of a flood defense system or the improvement of a management process, we plan, design and enable solutions.
Atkins is currently seeking a Sr. NEPA Planner to join our rapidly expanding NEPA Transportation group in Atlanta, Georgia. The ideal candidate for this position will apply their NEPA and state and federal regulatory knowledge toward the assessment of transportation projects through management of NEPA projects including NEPA document preparation, oversight of special studies preparations by in-house staff and subconsultants, and review of NEPA documents.
- Monitor and update project schedules for assigned projects which includes a list of all required documentation and permits, prioritized by project baseline schedules;
- Manage subconsultants and in-house technical tasks for compliance with baseline schedules;
- Provide project status updates at meetings and via tracking database;
- Preparation and Review of NEPA documents and oversight of documents prepared by other staff;
- Lead PIOH and PHOH meetings, coordinate materials for website
- Evaluation of impacts from transportation projects on the built, cultural and natural environment;
- Coordination with design professionals and overall project team to identify opportunities for avoiding and minimizing potential impacts;
- Perform field investigations of projects including land use and community resources;
- Gather and analyze data related to indirect and cumulative impacts, environmental justice and community impacts;
- Lead public involvement and outreach activities;
- Bachelor's degree in Planning or a related field, a Masters degree is a plus;
- Local candidates are preferred for this position, although there may be minimal relocation funding available for the preferred candidate. Eligible candidates must have a valid driver's license and current US work authorization to work for any US employer without sponsorship now or in the future.
- 7+ years of experience with a demonstrated working knowledge of NEPA, including coordination of supporting technical studies and schedule management;
- Aptitude for maintaining a professional attitude and attention to detail while working alone and within a team environment;
- Excellent technical writing and verbal communication skills with clients and colleagues;
- Strong organizational, task and time management, deductive reasoning, and analytical skills;
- Proficiency with the MS Office suite of software.
- Similar environmental consultation experience related to GDOT and/or other linear projects (including projects with federal and state funding)
Atkins offers its employees a robust rewards package which includes: a competitive salary; a broad benefits package including medical/RX, dental, vision, life, disability, legal, hospitalization and other valuable voluntary options; generous time-off programs; flexible work schedules; 401(k) with employer match; professional and career development opportunities through our corporate university, as well as a highly-regarded tuition reimbursement program; and an unmatched culture focused on client-service, quality, and tireless pursuit of excellence in all we do. Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.
Please view Atkins Equal Opportunity Statement.