Atkins is one of the world’s most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. We build long-term trusted partnerships to create a world where lives are enriched through the implementation of our ideas.
We work together across an international network of offices. This means that wherever in the world a project is being delivered, our clients benefit from industry-leading expertise, as well as a dedicated local contact. We understand the importance of having deep roots in the community; knowing and understanding local requirements, practices and culture. This allows us to be true collaborative partners with our clients, so that together, we can tackle complex projects and enhance communities throughout the U.S. and around the world.
Want to work for a company who values passion, doing the right thing, putting clients first and working collaboratively to provide excellence in all they do? Take heart, you'll find it here.
The Atkins Construction Management Team is seeking a highly motivated, detail oriented, self-starter to join our Pueblo, CO office as a Sr Roadway Construction Manager.
- Under general direction, provides direction in all conventional and unconventional aspects of construction engineering to manage project construction observation and documentation activities, monitoring contractors' substantial compliance with contract, plans, specifications and special provisions and determining project quality, cost, and adherence to established completion schedule.
- Incumbents do not supervise any contractor's activities and are not responsible for job site safety.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
- Performs non-manual field work that involves a combination of conventional and complex features, requiring the application of sound and diversified professional knowledge in board areas of assignments, usually including the coordination of various projects. Communicates directly with Owner (CDOT), contractor, City and other local agencies and stakeholders
- Bachelor's degree in construction management, civil engineering, or related field and ten years related experience including personnel supervision. Engineering design experience desirable. With Associate's degree, eighteen years of related experience. Without a degree, twenty years related experience is required.
- Previous experience with DOT/CDOT projects preferred
- Leadership and managerial skills; analytical and organization skills; ability to supervise field representatives and field office personnel. Highly skilled at negotiation, written and verbal communication.
- Proven experience in large, complex highway and bridge construction.
- Work Location is Pueblo, CO, it is commute-able from Colorado Springs daily, candidates from other cities will be expected to reside in Pueblo.
Atkins offers its employees a robust rewards package which includes: a competitive salary; a broad benefits package including medical/RX, dental, vision, life, disability, legal, hospitalization and other valuable voluntary options; generous time-off programs; flexible work schedules; 401(k) with employer match; professional and career development opportunities through our corporate university, as well as a highly-regarded tuition reimbursement program; and an unmatched culture focused on client-service, quality, and tireless pursuit of excellence in all we do. Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.
Please view Atkins Equal Opportunity Statement by clicking the following link: